Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the ski-doo low temp grease for my snowmobile and now my buddy is going to grease his sled.  Is there that big of a difference in grease??  Will the regular grease work??

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Any grease is better than no grease
 But if you want it to do it's job you should use a grease that is recomended for the
temperatures and required specs of the machine. There are many manufacturers of high quality low temp greases. I use Amsoil series 2000 racing grease.

Amsoil racing grease

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i use that ski-doo synthetic stuff because the dealer i go to has that stuff only, it's cheap i think if you worked it out by the pound it's only $6000.00 per pound. LOL

now my brother in-law that rides everywhere at max just uses the stuff in my other grease gun that i use for the lawn tractor, some people are just lucky because i know if it were me there would be something screw up.  

·
Registered
176 Posts
my dealer skidoo &polaris said to just buy the polaris stuff it`s cheeper than the doo stuff, cool purple also

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I use the low temp grease that Crappy Tire sells. What does Amsoil charge for a tube of their grease?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Rev.  I know they are within a few pennies of each other making the Amsoil a genuine bargain. Rick.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I was told that any grease works as grease only breaks down from heat. Cold temps won't break it down. This comes from a mechanic bud.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Throw a tube of each in your freezer and see for yourself.  It doesn't break down, it simply turns to hardened epoxy.................Get the cold weather formula or like yellosled said, you'll get a really stiff ride.

·
Registered
692 Posts
any grese does not work.
low temp grease .  zrt800 your mechanic bud i guess dosent work on sleds! you put that greas in the as$ end WILL be just like rideing on a from w/ no shocks!!  

·
Registered
25 Posts
Use low temp grease, the one time I didn't my suspension froze in the compressed position (-20F) and I had to ride 40miles this way to get back home (not fun).  Don't cheap out buy a second grease gun for you high temp grease.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sedlowd @ Sep. 23, 2002, 2:24pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">buy a second grease gun for you high temp grease.[/b][/quote]
I have always had one for the sled & one for my truck & car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts