Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent some time picking out the Lowrance Elite 4G Chart plotter this summer. It is the end result that I decided on after adding features starting with a basic unit. The 'G' includes North American water map. I wanted it for our PWC. It had an expansion slot for MicroSD card, so I assumed I could add trail maps and use it on my Sled. The store I bought it from couldn't answer for sure if it would work and suggested I could probably use Mapcreate if I needed to.
After searching, I called support and was told "This unit only works with Navionics and Trakmaps", neither of which does Ontario trail maps, and that if I tried anything else I could fault the unit plus there was no software compatible. I emailed support and they said the unit only works with Navionics and Trakmaps and if I don't like it, return it for a refund.
Great support, eh! No apology or suggestions of more compatible units, just "Take it back", so guess what? It's going back and never again will Lowrance enter my possession.

Any suggestions for a dual use Sonar/GPS 12 volt system that will work with available Ontario mapping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved

I spoke too soon. When I tried to return the unit my retailer told me I shouldn't call support, they don't know anything. :rolleyes2: He played with it and got OFSC maps working on the Lowrance Elite 4. I am happy, as this is a sweet unit. Bigger than hand held and 12 volt, so no battery worries. I have a battery system coming from snobunje, so I will document it when I install it on my sled.

p.s. can't edit OP title.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts