Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I personally think for trail riding the 1.25" gives you the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I typically ride whatever comes stock, and that holds me until I need a new one.  But, my freind just bought a used mountain sled with 1.5" lugs and, man does that thing hook up on the trails, even without picks.  Now I know that lug is a little big for the trails, and a little big to pick, so if I got to choose the lug height I would have to say 1" to 1.25" would be perfect for trails.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I put on a 1.375 stiff paddle this year.  I think its the best upgrade I've bought so far.  It really grabs on the trail and hardpack snow.  It is a little better than the .85 on the powder to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
ZRT and Kid,
 Iam looking to put a deepr lug paddle 1-1.5 incher on my 98 mxz670. What track (model #)do you think is best for holeshot and traction? Do not care about top speed. Thanx!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I replaced the stock track on my FIII with a Predator 9833
1.25 lug and love it. Fully cliped with every other clip
groved and no studs. Weighs a lot less then the stock track
with 192 push thru's in it!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have been a big believer in studs, allways swore I would never go without them again, till now.
I went to a 1 1/2 and man WHAT A HOOK UP! It"s unbelievable! Accelleration is awsome! For the trail rider and cross country guy you cant beat it. I would only stud for ice racing or super extreme trail riding.
I went with the over size idler wheels and full open window track to get maximum slide protection and so far with this shitty winter and low snow on the roads the slides look perfect at 500 miles. I have done some pretty aggressive riding and have not missed the studs one bit. It stops and go"s on icy roads way better than a regular track.
Hell, last weekend I raced my buddy"s studded 600 ZRT, he was on hard packed I was bust"in 18" of fresh powder and blew him away! Then we lined up both on hard pack and well, I thought he blew a belt or something.
The next advantage is no more $4-500 in studs-screwed up idler wheels and the constance maintenance. If you sell your track while it is still new you can by a paddle for next to nothing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.