Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 99 SKS 7 with m-10,its running an 1 1/4 track and it has reverse. I just want to know the basic susp. setup. I have heard you first adjust front spring preload for your specific rider weight,(is there a chart for this?)then you adjust rear shock in or out for sag (sit in / ride in/whatever you call it) I was told you want quite a bit of sag,for exstension of you suspension as well as compression. I am not familliar with the m-10 and its adjustments,any info would be great! or is there someplace online already that will tell me all I need to know to get started with my baseline settings??
Thanks
DooinVT

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You might want to contact Fast, they where very helpfull when I was sorting one out on a ZR.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I think you're on the right track going the way you are suggesting. I might add that you could back off on the cross over spring adjustment (the short spring inside the main spring in back) until everything else is set to your satisfaction. Set the suspension so that it bottoms out on occasion, so you are sure you are using the whole suspension travel, then bring the cross over adjustment in until your bottoming just stops, no more.

I think you might have yourself an awesome trail machine there...

AL (99 M-10/XCR8)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Put the front shock preload 1/2 way.
Set rear shock preload per recommendations
Set FRA to recommendations.

Go ride it and adjust as needed

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies!! I have answered my own questions!! I was looking back through some magazines(I never throw them away)(my ol'lady hates that!) anyway...2001-02 winter edition of SnowTech magazine has an 8 page article on " How to fine tune an M-10" pretty good article and at the end there was a chart to go buy for witch thing to adjust for weight etc.
Not real hard to do once you get the basics down,sounds like this should work very well !! I cant wait !! It was snowing this morning!!.......................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts