Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 mxz 670 that i added the ad boivin suspension kit to that made the ride better how much better is the m-10. has anyone installed one on a ski doo if so how was the installation and the ride improvement. I can buy a new m-10 with the fox shocks for $995 with out mounting kit is this a good price.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A M-10 isn't even comparable! If you get one spend a little extra fore the Ryde FX shocks as thay ride better but mostly they last longer.  I'm either getting a 10 or the Bovian X-pert X for my project sled. If you really want to get seriose look at the X-pertX. It has 15 inches of rear axis travel. But it'll set you back around 1300us.
Caleb

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a m-10 and I loved the ride.  However I lost over 5mph top speed and the fox shocks are pure junk.  It seemed I had to rebuild them every 500 miles to keep the riding nice.  The boivin kit works well not as good as ride as the m-10 but I would invest the $1000 somewhere else IMO.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I know that the X-pertX is designed for aggressive riding but I believe that you can also tune it for trail cruising,not sure though.
Caleb

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just installed the M-10 in my mxz 600 and didn't think it was too bad of a job.I watched the vidio a few times just to make sure of myself.(I hate the thoughts of drilling into my tunnel),but no problem.
As for the ride I don't know yet as I have not ridden it yet.I keep hearing the fox shocks are junk and That dissapoints me because that is what I purchaced for my M-10.Here is a pic of my sled with the M-10
.......Baddude

·
Registered
175 Posts
Baddude,unfortunately Fox shocks require alot of maintenance but that does not mean they are junk,you just have to service them more often. P.S nice lookin sled!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I would say the 'high maintenance' Fox shox are a blessing because they force you to take better care of the whole skid (every time you pull it out you're bound to check everything over, right?)  But you do lose top end.  The M-10 sucks up horsepower (it's those tiny rear idlers).  You can make up for it a little by running your track so loose that it ratchets periodically.  Best thing to do is get extrovert drivers (kinetic.com, I think) to eliminate ratcheting.
If you are going to buy an M-10, I would stongly suggest waiting until maybe late fall.  I have a suspicion that some really good prices are going to be coming out of the factory in a few months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have run an m10 for 2 years  Ilove it..The gains far out weigh any losses!!!!Take your time on the install its not hard ..but get it in there square..set it for your weight ..go ride the #### out of it..you will never look back !!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
just got an email from FAST Inc. so anyone interested....

CALL NOW AND SAVE UP TO $300!

You can save up to $300 on an M-10® Rear Suspension (selected models) if you call and order by August 31. But don't wait too long. There is a limited supply of the discounted models, and they will be sold on a first-come/first-serve basis.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hmm, I should've checked out teamfast.com before I said that.  Maybe the deals will get even better if you hold out...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Installed an M-10-Fox in my 99 MXZ last Year. Took about 500 miles to break-in. I will never,ever have anything but an M-10. They're worth every penny !!!!!!!  RB

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hands down the best money I ever spent on a snowmobile. Two full seasons on the skid, no probs. great slider wear in marginal cond. I saw maybe 1 mph loss in speed, but the handling & ride is far superior. I chose the Ohlins shocks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have the seen the M10 trail and have thought about the upgrade myself. FAST has the M10 Trail for $799 w/ the mounting kit right now. It is a great deal, and one can always upgrade to better shocks later. I have thought that one could put a real premium shock on it like Penske later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for all the replies just ordered m-10 with ride fx shocks on sale now for $1149 with mounting kit . p.s any snow in the forcast.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just put in a new M-10 with fox shocks a month ago, and hearing all the bad press about the fox shocks I E-mailed Fast about exchanging my fox shocks for the Ryde fx shocks under the special deal there having this month.I got a E-mail back and they told me that there had to be 0 miles on them and they would have to test them to be sure ,and that they would replace the shocks for me.
In my book they are a great company to work with.....Baddude

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
baddude sounds like a good deal for you i think the ride fx shocks are better and the rear shock is ajustable. Good switch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts