Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 machz and a '00 mxz7 does anyone have either of these sled with an m-10 ? how do they work? I know they ride nice,but how do they perform? are they tippy,do they hook up,will they take a beating such as jumping? The mach dosnt ride that nice ,but boy does it handle. Which sled would the m-10 better suite?

·
Registered
756 Posts
The skid would improve either sled greatly, but I would install it in the ZX. It is hands down the best mod I have ever done to a sled.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I believe the M-10 would better suit the mach.  Some people seem to not like the M-10 for ditch banging (mxz-typical).  My step-dad's '97 mach has an M-10 136" and it rides like a freaking Cadillac.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the m-10 hook up?   Thats what I want to know.The old c-7 rides like stink,but hooks like no tomorrow,I dont want to lose the performance.I know i'll lose some top end due to increased track angle etc.but I dont want to lose handeling either.
MXZ900: does your sled handle good? do you jump it much? I like to jump mine quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you will love the m-10 it is an amazing ride,i had one the last 2 years,my only real problem with it was the lack of transfer ,when riding in powder its hard to get the skis to come up out of the snow,and the track has to be very tight in powder or it will ratchet,ive decided to try an expert-x this year,chatted with a few guys who have had both and they all prefer expert-x,excellent weight transfer and you can run track very loose without ratcheting,you do lose a bit on top with the m-10,but it doesnt matter cause when the trails get rough you will be so far in front,its that smooth.have you read into the expert-x(doinvt)

·
Registered
756 Posts
sled handles great! no prob. jumping its very HD built. the only thing an m10 doesn't do well is drag race, because of the weight transfer. but its so good everywhere else it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
hey Dimebag!  Get extrovert drivers to take care of ratcheting.  Company is Kinetic, in Seatle I think.  Can't find the website right now.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
extro's will work...but......you need every window open,and i would have to either cut off the tips of my rails so they dont rub or make it a 144 and do a suspension pull back,i had a 136,with the expert-x i wont need extros,i loved my m-10 but just didnt like the powder performance without doing a few mods

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
id have to buy the extros,buy kinetic drop brackets,a 144 track every window open,much easier to just get the expert-x and have everything i want

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
there is a template you have to put in your tunnel,and you have to drill new holes for the suspension to mount into

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice looking sled...670

·
Registered
354 Posts
670, looks like you put bar risers on your bad ### MXZ. I have a 98 and want to do the same. Which riser did you use and any problems with cables and stretching? Thinking of going with the Rox.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess since my mach is all stock,I might look into puttin the m-10 under it,instead of my mxz,and make the mach my"cruiser" sled for the longer trips up north.
I'm still torn though,because I like to race weather it be a field or pond,I dont know,we'll see.I just missed out on a good deal on a used m-10.so I'll have to wait!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dose anyone know the difference between '96 mach front susp. and '97 front susp. If I put an m-10 under it I will want to raise the front up to match,can I do that with the longer shocks from the 97,or is there more to it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts