Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I am stumped. Trying to help someone adjust there suspension and they ran into a problem. If you move the lower mounting for the front torque arm up 1/2" to a higher hole, it lessens ski pressure. Here is the email I got explaining some more:

My track is completly loose. The rear is all the way forward so there is about 3 inches of slack between the track and the rails. It sucked it all the way up to the rails when we moved that arm. I just can't believe that moving that arm a 1/2 an inch it did that.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dear sir: I installed the M-10 suspension in my 1994 Mach Z and I really like the ride... I would suggest that you call FAST tech line: 218-744-2107 and they can help you set up your suspension correctly...good luck...Al

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He did call Fast and they didn't know why the slack in the track got taken up so quick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M10rules @ Aug. 14, 2002, 1:19pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He did call Fast and they didn't know why the slack in the track got taken up so quick.[/b][/quote]
Awesome technical service.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey Labradorboy,
  What kind of deal can you get me on a X-PertX and mounting kit for a Doo ZX-X Chassis?
Caleb

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LabradorBoy-Since you know so much why don't you explain why it is happening.

Someone on another board gave us a real good lead and are checking it out. Taking up 3" of slack with an adjustment of 1/2" is not right. I have had mine apart many times playing with it and I couldn't answer it. Also have a friend that does alot of work on M10s and he was stumped.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
That just doesn't add up.  Something else must have happened there that he didn't notice.  Has he spun the track to see if it loosens up?  And did he spin it before he measured the 3 inches of slack?  Maybe it was tight on top and loose on bottom before, and now it's tight on bottom and there is slack up on top.
Then again, who cares?  Run it and see if it works.  If it does, then good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts