Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a shop put in hyfax on my M10 and they cut the hyfax on a 45% angle, and a 1/2 inch of the aluminum rail is showing, should'nt they heve cut them even with the Rails, or is that how they cut them to fit.Thanks Dave

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a shop put in hyfax on my M10 and they cut the hyfax on a 45% angle, and a 1/2 inch of the aluminum rail is showing, should'nt they heve cut them even with the Rails, or is that how they cut them to fit.Thanks Dave[/b]
Found out the answer, thank you, Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should get them as close as possible on a trail sled, but I have heard of race sleds running with like 8" of rail showing in the back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should get them as close as possible on a trail sled, but I have heard of race sleds running with like 8" of rail showing in the back.[/b]
You shure it's not 8millimeters, 8 inches of rail showing would ripp your track cleats right out.Crash dummy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a shop put in hyfax on my M10 and they cut the hyfax on a 45% angle, and a 1/2 inch of the aluminum rail is showing, should'nt they heve cut them even with the Rails, or is that how they cut them to fit.Thanks Dave[/b]

If you have reverse it must be cut on an angle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My stock sliders on my 02 ZL SS terminated approximately 3/4" from the end of my rail, and since I don't have reverse, they're cut vertically. I just replaced my sliders last night and cut the new ones to the exact same length. There was virtually no wear at all on any part of my sliders except at the middle of the curved part near the front of the skid. There is very little wear at the back, so I don't believe that it's critical if you cut them a hair short.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts