Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the two allen bolts on the rear of tunnel that hold suspension up, one of them is lock up(left side) in the upper axel, I tighten up outher side to free up the lock up one and it just spins the (right side) LOOse, I clamped a pair of vice grips on the outside of the control arm next to upper wheel,still spin shaft (axel),How do i stop the axel from spinning,Tightening the right side bolt is not breaking the left side loose.Thank you Crash Dummy

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only thing I have tried that worked in that situation was to tighten both sides and then nail on the siezed side with a good impact gun. If it comes out then the other side should come out just using the impact.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
tighten them both up and use small propane torch on one side on the bolt only apply the heat and let it cool then spray wd40 and try to loosen the bolt. if you can loosen it then back it almost all the way out and clean the threads, then tighten it up again and use the torch on the other side and do the same thing. careful don't take a bolt out with the other side still tight in the other side.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tighten them both up and use small propane torch on one side on the bolt only apply the heat and let it cool then spray wd40 and try to loosen the bolt. if you can loosen it then back it almost all the way out and clean the threads, then tighten it up again and use the torch on the other side and do the same thing. careful don't take a bolt out with the other side still tight in the other side.[/b]
Thanks Guy's,,,, Crash Dummy,,,,,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vise grip on the outside aluminum spacer has allways worked for me did you try and thread a bolt (1/4 20 I think ) into the grease zirk hole ?[/b]
Thank you Snowfrog,

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the whole bolt in the zirk hole thing. The only sled with a frozen bolt in the axle I ever had to deal with was an 85 polaris and it never had a zirk on the axle. It did after I rebuilt the suspension though. (not sure how polaris expeced that aluminum axle to turn in the housing without grease)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts