Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading up trying to decide if I want a new M7 153 or Crossfire 700 Sno Pro with a 2" track lug. I have read (mostly on ArcticChat) that there have been some problems with the rear suspension binding unless you run at least 3" of sag in your track. Has anybody here hat that problem.

Also, how is the M's trail handling on the way to the Steep and Deep?

·
Registered
21 Posts
haven't had the problem, but I do run a bit of slag in the track. I would say the trail characteristics of the machine are o.k......it's not a zr snow pro, but you can still have a little fun to and from. The machine is a joy to jump --real light--, hooks up right now with the track. Is not the most comfortable thing to ride sitting down......the machine wants you to stand and lean it over in the powder.

I think the crossfire would be the same as the M

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That is correct on the suspension problem. There has been a problem with the AC mtnsuspensions ever since they started the dropped and rolled drive shaft caused problems with the dimensions or something. I don't completley understand what or why but do know that everyone says the Holtz relocation brackets are the best solution to the problem.

The biggest difference in ride between the CF and the M is going to be the M suspension is stiffer and doesn't have the swaybar. Judging by my first ride on my M the other day M7 153 the CF will be an awesome trail sled. The M is a little tippy on the trials but sure feels like it will be awesome in the deep and steep. The crossfire would make a great hybrid sled but its missing the track lug height. It needs a 1.5 or even 1.75 track. Hope I was of some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts