Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its me again with the mxz/700 triple. I have tryed many combos last year with no sucsess. I ride this sled on trails mostly. What are you guys running in your Mach 1`s? I want good back shift too. I left the stock 23/43 gearing in the 500 chassis. Should it be geared like the M-1? My thought was to leave it, then I would reach 105mph rapidly. I have to look what I am running now (in storage) but I remember I had great backshift and unreal acceleration till 80mph. It was a pooch anything fasterthan 80? I think I am going to ditch the 670 twin idea. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAS WORKED ON YOUR SLEDS... :nervous:

·
Registered
107 Posts
First bump up the gearing to 26/43 if u want more top end, and what ramps u running to fall off at 80? once u hit about that speed the tra does fall off some, going to a mag arm setup will help this problem. what year mach 1 motor?

·
Registered
175 Posts
on my previous sled(98 Mach 1) i would run 25/43 gears stock spring(Gn/Vi),50 helix,stock ramps(286)and 18.5-19.5 pin weight.The stock components were actually pretty good for everyday running.With that gearing you should hit 180-185 kmh consistently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts