Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar problem as machzer. 98 mach 1, stock pins, 286, #3, 230-390 sping, 50 helix set at 19lbs. It dies off at around 85, and pulls ever so slowly to 90. I keep blowing belts, checked alignment, a little off. Reset alignment w/ sno stuff tool, could not get back contact point to touch no matter what I did. Center/center ok. I was thinking of 53-44 set at 16lbs? i have a fairly good set-up w/sc-10 II, mxz front springs, 192 studs, precision skis, and sway bar removed. Front end feels so much lighter, and it dosent push any more than before, so if I could get that power down I would have a fairly decent all around sled, any ideas?

·
Registered
361 Posts
thor700, if your engine is stock and you run at stock rpm's, I would leave your clutching the way it is, as long as your getting about 8150-8250 on your tach. Did you try removing washers from behind the secondary to allow your tool to touch ? If you remove washers from behind, put them in front (along with bolt) to keep sec. shimmed tight, when properly aligned. Also, what mileage on sled, and have the clutches been cleaned and checked for worn rollers, bushings, and ramp cover pucks in the primary, and the bushings along with cam buttons in secondary (secondary bad for this) ? Also, check your rave valves and make sure they operate properly, as these could affect top end. The 192 studs will affect the top end on your sled, but I believe you should get over 105mph in good conditions anyway.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Couple of things to look at.  First make sure your tach is right.  On my 98 mach I was off 300 rpm.  If its off that much your missing your power.  Second, I got much better results with the 280 ramp.  Went down to a 24 tooth top gear.  Didnt notice much difference in top end speed, but pulled a lot harder on the way there.  I went to about 23 lbs on the secondary when I switched the gearing.  The primary was pink-white (250-410 I think) with 18.2 grams on the pins.  Engaged at about 4900 rpm.  This setup worked great on my machine.

I agree with Limskii on pretty much everything else.  Check the track tension is the only other thing I would check.  Should be on the loose side, but not to the point where it ratchets on takeoff.  A track that is to tight can really eat a lot of power.

·
Registered
100 Posts
definitely agree with limski,go back to the stock clutching and go from there.the rave valves probably need a good cleaning.let us know when you find out what the problem was.good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thor,

I've got a 98 mach1, and everything is stock, i got 144 studs,driven is ajusted a 16.5 pound ( c-6) and my tach read 8500 rpm( in reality 8300) and i read 170 km/h after 3 or 4 run at full trotle to heat my center dump pipe!!!

i've try a b&b eliminator silencer and i lost top end( about 10 km/h )but i sem get more low end or maybe it's just the amazing soud of the tripple that fool me!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts