Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Mach 1 670 with twin pipes. when the sled is cool my rpms are right at 8000, as it warms up my rpms drop right off, (7000rpms) ,,could this be a seal, it doesnt seem to be overheating, your info is appreciated!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey krkman, if you check all your clutching, my specs for the '95 Mach 1 say you should have the following: Prim. pink/white spring (230/380), 285 ramp, solid pins (16.4g), set at #3 clicker. Sec. beige spring, set at 12-15lbs. (try A-1, C-1 or C-6) in a 47 or 50 helix (I don't have specs of the helix, but I'm guessing that's what you should have). If your primary has all those parts, then check your primary rollers to make sure they spin freely and don't have alot of play in them. Also check the pucks in your ramp cover to make sure they are not worn out excessively. Clean out all dust from primary with compressed air. I think that if clutching is your machines problem (and not a mechanical problem), I'm guessing the problem is either the secondary clutch bushings, secondary spring preload is too low or secondary spring is sacked/finished.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Krusty, the sled is all stock, How she go limski. hows the 700 running, my clutches were totally rebuilt by gilles, i just picked up a primary puller so i will let you know what i got. My sec, has a white spring and a 47 helix, i was running that at about 18lbs preload, i borrowed some helixes off kennypope to see the differences, will keep you posted, thanx for the help boys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts