Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tuning tips for a Mach 1? Clutching, gearing that sort of stuff?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey, congrats on the new toy there buddy.

I'm sure your gonna love it.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
get with zmachman he has a mach1, and is a big guy like yourself.might save you some bucks with the clutching.and congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You lucky DOG! It's fast enough the way it is!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought he had a Z?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I never said he did not have a Z, :) he has both ,not to mention pandas formula III 700.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Tim has enough sleds for a small army. 11 or 12 last i knew. they come and go. Must be nice to have a different sled for each day.
caleb

·
Registered
361 Posts
If the sled is stock, I would recommend to simply install a Black Ice 46 from HRP Motorsports, stock beige spring set at 18-21 lbs., and install Goodwin Performance (teflon ?) low friction secondary buttons. In the primary, keep all stock but install 18 gram pins and set clicker at 2-3. V-force reeds and a MBRP 3 into 1 muffler/canister also help in throttle response and accelleration and a 10lbs. weight loss. Make sure engine is properly aligned, oil pump and carbs well synched, and if you weigh more than 220lbs., I would gear down to 24-44 or 25-44. Also set clicker for 8200-8300 on your tach. Add a 1 1/4" track (Camo.9818), and you'll have a good groomed trail and excellent 1000' "snow" lake drag sled.
Hope this Helps !

·
Registered
175 Posts
I remember seeing an article in Snowtech on 98 Mach 1 that said just by adding the heavier 18g pins would increase track HP by 3.I used Boyesen reeds on my 98 mach 1 with good results.The 99 Mach is a nice sled,good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Limskii, your the man! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I liked the 280 in my F111 700 better than the 286. what kind of springs are you guys runing in the mach 1's and for trail ridding i liked the 230/380 spring. with a 47 deg cam that worked the best for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts