Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a opportunity too trade in my Formula 500 -98 for a Mach Z 99. Is there specail things too lool for regarding that model? 4400Km, look nice and have yellow kit.

Norwegian

Z

·
0 Posts
Formula500,

If I could trade a 98 Formula 500 for a 99 Mach Z,   I would be do it is a split second,  if both machines are in the same condition!    The 99 Mach Z is probably worth twice as much as the Formula 500.   1999 was a good year for the Mach Z.

ZMachMan

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ehh pardon my english..im from wayyy up north (Norway). I have to pay some money to. About 1,5 times what i get for the formula.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The 99s are a good year.  It would definitly be a big upgrade from a formula 500.  So it comes down to you.  Both machines are good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again!
Today i was at the dealer and i asked him if i could start it. He said yes and i pulled and pulled and pulled...but not one single fire!
I had the DESS on, ignition on, the litle red button up, but nothing happen. How shal we get it started. The dealer dont sell snowmobiles, only motorcycles so he dont know. I also want to know what i shal do to prevent some failure because it has not been fogged..any commens plz?

Norwegian

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I say you don't fire it there. It'll start once home with a few things I'm sure. Use it as a huge bargening tool to get the price WAY down. I bet the dealer is sweating it.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did you have the fuel switch turned on. Unless the 99 doesn't have one. Also even if sled does not fire, you can check compression, this is a must..... Before laying down some green. Good luck it should be awesome!! Jets are probably plugged.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iv cheked the plugs. They were dry and black. I think it doesnt get fuel.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
The fuel is shut off.  Open the hood, you'll see the petcock on the fuel line right next to the airbox on the right side. It's easy to miss.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw the  manual fuel shut off, and i pointed it right backwards. Is that correct?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it is fuel in the tank. We added 5liters..

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Well if there is fuel in the tank, The fuel valve is on, But its still not starting i would suspect the fuel pump.  

But sometimes its hard to start a sled in the summer. There set to run in the winter and sometimes the flood very fast.

I would just check for compression and if that is good then its probably a very minor problem.  

However it could be a serious electrical problem.  Bad MPEM, Stator and other things.  Just watch your back and dont walk into a problem.  I would not buy it unless it was running.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I shal look at the sled again friday. Il be back with information here. I think i shal let the dealer pull and pull...i shal just pul my Formula 500 once to show him..  

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today we just changed the spark plugs...*kremt*, and it fires imideatly!  

I bought it and i think it would be nice lakerunning in Sweden. Any comments regarding durability on this sled?

Norwegian

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Just treat it like you treated your 500 and it should work out fine.

Good luck with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts