Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was reading SUPERTRAX magazine and read somthing that caused me to go faint.

The Moms boy that wrote that arctical is now on my person with the most needed ### kicking list.

THis is his arcticle.

PROS: Velvety smooth Rotax power extrudes through a TRA calibrated by Geniuses. Radar speeds in excess of 120 per with minimal fiddling.

Ok that wasnt bad, Infact that was a much desirved review of the mach that has been getting nothing but crap from the mags since it first came out.

BUT THEN.

CONS: LOOKS LIKE A 90's HYUNDAI. Weighs as much as a THIRD WORLD TAXI. And has the Handling Prowness of a BUICK ROADMASTER..

THen they called the CK3 Out dated in 98. Then they say that the 809 triple produces power that gets our attention on lakes but for everything else theres a REV.

That is a total BS review. IMO the Mach is one of the best looking machines out there. And it handles pretty good compaired to other machines in its class. Sure if you compair it to a REV it may not be the best but against a XCR or RX-1 its right up there.

And a Hyundai. Yeah right.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'm with you buddy.

But thats the kind of crap that apparently sells mags.

I'll hold him down, and you hit him. :p

Better yet, we can get Snowmonkey to sit on him. ;)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I read more of his reviews and nomatter the machine if it has a triple in it he makes fun of it.

And yes he does seem to give 4 strokes a little bit of a break. But he was hard on the RX-1.

But this Mach review HURTS.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
its not that they are picking on tripples,there has been no money spent on the tripples for a few years now and they are all heavy and outdated,put a machz motor in a zx and you have the potential for a great sled,i love the 800 3x3 motor but the ck3 is a big dinasaur,put some miles on your new rev,and when it comes to a big trip you will not want to ride the ck3 anymore,same with the xcr,great motor terrible chasis and handling,im glad this issue actually stated what they think of each machine instead of lying and sugar coating everything

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
lol i get a kick out of this..... i have tried out the zx in fact i had ordered a 800zx then cancled it after i had tried it out. its not for me the bars are just to small or something but i would run any zx from timmins to kap or what ever no problem at all.......lol. i realy do enjoy the handling and ride of the ck. but then again its not for boyz....................lmao

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Machz69 you hit the nail on the head! It is a man's machine! Granted, it's not a ditch banger, but I will challenge any ZX,ZR,ProX, and what ever to any tight twisty trail out there.
Out dated, I'am sick to death of hearing that! The mag's and manufactures cant admit that the chassi is as good as it get's, just that people got to have something different every year. I really dont think the triple would be any better in a ZX chassi, infact, it might be slower!
What sled do you see at the ashpalt drags? CK-3. Who holds more speed records? CK-3. Who dominates grass and ice drags? CK-3. One reason you see this chassi is if the 809 were in a light flimisy chassi it would twist the frame like a screw and or go into the air like a race boat.
Yes, this is all go fast stuff, but she also handles quite well with the proper setup like a coupled suspention and percision ski's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
its a mans sled???lol give me a break,last year a guy we were riding with decided to try to keep up to us on a rutted up trail on his machz...25 miles later both front bolts for rear suspension had snapped also broke his front shock tower,yes its fast but it has a 800 3x3,ive riden the ck3 ..its a tank and does not handle like a zx,sure all these challenges on long wide straight trails are suited for the big 3x3,put a few bumps and add some powder and goodbye 3x3,i myself would love a 800 3x3 in a zx around 500lbs,but not in the outdated heavy poor handling ck3

·
Registered
333 Posts
This topic,in particular the way the mags rate and belittle the machs has been a thorn to me. Each year they say they are the heaviest tanks on snow or the heaviest single seat sleds on the planet,and each year at the shoot out with the same gallonage of fuel and oil they are tied for the lightest or have been the lightest,but never any mention of that. I guess ski doo didnt spend as much on advertising as (the lightest) guys did. :angry:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yup thats the way i see to guys. i have seen in shoot outs they bring in the numbers for the thunder and the srx to compare to the twin world but they never show the shoot out champ of all time the machz it has won just about every shoot out out there but never gets credit. and panterone what in the h*** are you talking about.....lol i live in timmins i ride in cochran all the time what trails are u talking about?? what year of a mach are comparing to? if its anything fairly new it has the same rear skid as yours. then u say ditch banging.what ditches??,,,,lol if thats all u do then your gonna get showed up real bad by the rev. i look foward to come ride with you ....just to see if could keep up..........lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry guys But I have to agree with that review. Great motor but the biggest tank I ever owned. Very comfortable just dont try and ride it in the rough or tight trails at speed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's ok Machzzzz1 every sled has a turn in the bashing barrel in those dam magazines. you just gotta move on haha :p

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have owed 3 machs and the Magazine aricle hit the nail on the head! The only thing the Mach is good for is lake racing and smooth long groomed trails. Anybody that doesn't agree with this has never riden one of these tanks in Michigans upper pen. on a busy weekend after the trails were trashed.

Last ride I ever took on my Z was on the worst trails I have ever ridden. After trailing the pack all day one of my buds made me ride his 02 800mxzX. All I can say is "Sweet Jesus" I finished out the day, took my mach home and sold it!

Sure, I was able to keep up with my buddies (all of them on mxzX's except another Mach) but it beat the living Sh*t outta me. Riding the mxz was effortless! I wouldn't of believed it in a million years. If any of you remember me as "Mighty Mach", I was as big of a proponent of the mach as Machzzzz1. But I have seen the light, or should I say, I have felt the ride.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
machz69 it was 2001 machz,i like the trail in back of the cache(kenass...sp? lake)its a tight twisty power line,trail goes to mattagami reserve...id like to see a machz keep up,the machz is a good trial sled on long wide open runs,but thats where it ends,ck3 lovers are a minority,just because they put a sc3 on it and precision skis does not make it a great sled,it is still a dino!!!bottom line is this can go on for pages,buy whats best for your TYPE of riding,but dont get so defensive about the truth,heck i still know guys who think the prs chasis is the best handling ?and ive put on quite a few miles on a ck3(mach1)it does not handle like a zx.....period

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
well said mighty :p

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love the machz on a long strait or out on the lake,but when you get it in the rough tight stuff and try to keep up with someone on a lighter sled forget it it's a pure backbreaker.But i'd sacrifice the ride for totaly crushing those same sleds on the straitaways,you cant have your cake and eat it to.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Every now & then the mags especially those from central Ontario go on a theme. First it was triples & everyone had a triple. Remember the XLT & F3? "They" talked them up & everyone bought one. Then Polaris came out w/ the 600 twin & "they" loved them & everyone bought a twin. Now "they" said that triple were junk & nobody bought them.

A lot of people figure these guys are gods. I'd like to know who crowned them? I've said before that I've been involved w/ snowmobiling since '69 but I sure don't think I'd want people to take what I say as the gospel.

It would be interesting to know what "they" did before they got into the magazine business & how long they've been sledding. Those are 2 things I've never seen them mention.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts