Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just buy a set of TRAIL CRANK SHOP pipe ( peak HP 8400-8600) for my '98 mach Z...

My sled is almost stock , only have
V-Force 2 and 1.25 track (full block).
Jetting is 300/310/300
stock gearing 27/43
stock clutch (50/47 helix)

im 170 lbs and ride at sea level and i want AGRESSIVE trail riding

I'm thinking about changing the base cylinder gasket and head cut ... like + 2 mm base gasket and -3 mm head cut.

this is a good mod to do on a '98 mach z ? How much hp i can expect just by doing that.

And what about race logic porting template , sound like an easy way to increase HP at low cost but i would like to heard your experience before i order a kit. Race Logic claim a 10-14 HP gain. Pretty good for 89 $ on e-bay.
Anyone noticed lost in torque ?

With all this modification done, do you think my sled can remain reliable to trail ride it all day long ?

What jetting you recommend to start with ? 360/360/360 and one richer on needle ?

Any good clutch setup to go with all this mod done ?

All the work will be done by my dealer except for the porting ...

I know this is a lot of question ... plz let me know what you think about my project

Thanks for you help and feedback ! :sleepy:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Regarding the Race Logic templates...I did my own porting with their templates on my 1994 Mach Z last year, i'am very pleased with their product...I didn't notice any loss in power at all... the motor comes on very strong from 5500 to 8500 rpms...the motor, exhaust, carbs are stock...I talked with Bill Cudney, he was very helpful and suggested Boysen reeds and his clutch kit which I purchased from him...he helped with jetting and setting up the clutches...The only thing that I had it to compare to is my other 1994 Mach Z that is totally stock from the factory...oh my...what a difference!!!! Hope this helps...Al.

·
Registered
692 Posts
crank shop pipes id get a clutch set up from bickford in epsom nh look at ski doo .com check race results!! he had a 600 run a 5.67 for a 600! stock class!
benoint also has good set ups crank shop would have his number!
a friend has a full mod mach z and runs fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts