Snowmobile World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an '02 mach Z and need to know what mos I can do to it to make it perform better. I ride in Michigan mostly on groomed trails. What should i do to get the most performance for the buck? 1.25 track? Studs? Pipes? Reeds? Air box? Clutching? What is best??? Help me out I pick it up on Thursday!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i think you would be happy with clutching and also putting a 1.25 track,these two things will make a noticeable difference

·
Registered
316 Posts
Big Dude, I would only do the 1.25 inch track. The stock clutching set up is very good with little to gain in my opinion. The traction is terrible, this is where that 9854 Camoplast 1.25 inch track will really make a difference. Oh, once you have that track on the sled, you will not get ANY one to race you on any snow. You will not believe how good that sled runs. Make sure you keep the clickers on #2 or #3. Going any higher will slow you down. I'm in Michigan and looking to ride, where do you live? What area do you ride?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have been running a 1.25 track on my mach z along some good clutching and it rips.It pulls really hard out of the hole and it's great when you get in the deep stuff.I dont know if you have ever gotten a mach stuck in some really deep snow but you could easily have a heart attack trying to get it out.I plowed through some deep snow last year with that track and i never got stuck,you would be well off to buy one.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The track for sure! Get one ordered now! Dont use the Z track at all, sell it as new and you might brake even.
An 1 1/4 is good, an 1 1/2 will make you launch like a missle! You can buy either for $400.00 from tracksusa.com.
Leave the clutches alone, pretty close the way they are.
If you go with a paddle, make sure you gear it down at least 2 on top.
Oh ya, make sure you get a pilots licence too :0:

·
Registered
310 Posts
u can get the 9818 predator 1.25" track for 380 bucks brand new on MCB performance. I think that the tracksusa are used ones.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
What did you pay for it bigdude? Spicers sold them at the Novi show for 5495+tax was the asking price. That was for a 2002 leftover. get the 1.25 track for sure.
Caleb

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the Z for $5499 plus a rebate (unknown at this time) from Spicers at the show.

OK which 1 1/4 track should I get? Once I get the new track shold I stud it too? How many? What efect will it have?

Honestly, I have never been much of ski-doo fan. I was leaning real heavy towards Cat. I saw the price on the Mach and couldnt believe it. Money talks and hey, I'm not stupid. You can say all you want about it being a heavy triple or even bash the Z if you're an AC guy. Bottom line is I got a killer deal and couldnt be happier. Even picked up a yellow Reima Gore-tex jcket for $175.00
WAY COOL!

I guess I'm a Doo Guy now! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should I stud the 1 1/4 track or will the track alone be enough? Pros and cons of studding a 1 1/4 track???

·
Registered
886 Posts
Glad to see you were able to finally make a decison. That's an unbelieveable deal, I saw that at the show and about fell over. Was almost gonna buy the '02 ZL600 they had for ~$3400 for my wife. The Mach is a great sled, and at that price . . . Tear it up.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You guys want to see some killer buys, go to the whitestar auction in Bronson MI the first saturday of every month. I watched a leftover 02 800 EFI sell for $5,000 with the full factory warranty. They had many leftover cats and Polaris's. 1 dealer even brought in about 10 Blades. However, None of them sold, his price was too high.

The nice thing is you don't have to pay freight, just sales tax.

My buddy picked up a 2001 Ski-doo Grand Touring 800 triple with all the goodies for $3,000 with a whooping 3,000 miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts