Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's beautiful.....I've never seen the needle that far down there before!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am not much into the KPH to MPH conversions so what does this come to on the south side of the border.
I hope there were not any planes wanting ti land while you were playing on their runway.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Now if that speedo had mph in place of the KPH that would realy something to see .WOW 200 mph  

·
Registered
442 Posts
looks to me like the ole jack stand trick to me. just look at the lighting on the dash and how it is reflecting off that is definitely indoors

if you want to impress people make sure you get a little of the trail in sight when you do that. but the way it looks right now i dont believe it one bit

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Definitly not at night or on a jackstand.  I will get the trail this weekend.  Like i said i put the camara to close to the sled.  

I would not rev my machine up to 200km on a jackstand just to impress a couple of guys.  A $12000 cdn machine is not worth blowing up an engine just for a pic.  

The light was reflection of the sun coming of the glass of one of the gauges and hitting my lens.  Its a complex camara and im no bird watcher.  

I took the pic using the Timer.  I set the timer at around 170 and the camara was mounted on the bars.  The vibration caused a bit of a blury pic.  

Dont want to belive me.  Fine I dont care.  Ill get you the proof when i re shoot it this weekend!!!  

Take Care.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
zzzz1,
 hey i only said it might be at night you go for it this weekend and bring back a picture that i am sure that sled will surpass 126 miles per hour.  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Another thing.

Shame on me for what?

The only thing im gulity of is risking my life to try and take that picture to prove to a friend that i could go that fast.  

I know it looks a bit suspisious not seeing the trail and I was pretty disapointed after i took the pic and looked at it later on the computer.  You cant really tell using the crappy viewfinder thing on the back.  I wasnt going to post it till i got a good shot but i figured what the hell let them see what a rotax can do.  

ZR580RULES- take your sled and put it on a stand.  Bring it to top speed and take a picture.  Tell me if you have an engine left.  

The most i ever reved up to on a stand was 80 and i thought it would blow up then.  

I kinda figured i would be attacked by Arctic cat and yamaha fans.  Oh well  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ok.  I just found the instruction book for my camara and i think i got the lens figured out.  Im not leaving that runway with out a shot of the sled gauges and trail.  Maybe even the throttle.  

If you dont belive me then you probably never will.  

Paul I know what you ment. I thank both you and MXZ7 for the support.  But i dont need it.  I go to these speeds all the time so i just need to get a better shot of it.  But i do see where there coming from.  It sort of does look like a flash.

So if the weather holds out which i think it will you and all the fellow belivers will have the pic that hopfully proves the speed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Machzzzz1  i wish i did not blow my track off on the river last weekend.  I was wanting to do what you did.  But mine was going to but in MPH  it hit the zero on the 120  on the two mile streach.  I have a Formula 111 700 and it is not stock. nice picture

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I don't believe for a minute that Machzzzz is stupid enough to rev his sled up to 200k on a stand.  I think its a nice pic, I do it the safer way, with a GPS that holds top speed.

Got the Grand Touring 700 up to 180km on the speedo, but the GPS only registered 164.  Not too bad for a snow-mo-couch.

FishHog

1 - 20 of 36 Posts