Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok like i said before i got a 2000 mach z heres whats up i will tell you everything i can.i have boyesen rad valves, .6 mm base gasket and milled the head .020 its all stock other than that.i am not installing a egt but it seems to be fat all the time.i installed the 45 piolt readjusted the air screw and thats it.can i safely go to a 300 main all the way across it has 310 factory now??and can i drop the needle 1 notch???i ride ONLY in the u.p and in ohio is this like a no brainer here or what.is it something they do everyday or should i not do it how safe would a 300 main be in the u.p. you know good till about what temp before i have a lean problem??? -10 or so??oh i forgot i leaned the oil pump ever so slightly is that ok too or not and be honest i want a straight anwser and im sorry if i sound dumb but everybody seems to have a diffrent idea.what would most of you do, so im safe with out a egt and my plugs quit coming out black,im just tired of fouled plugs its not as bad a s when it was new but i just want if fixed and faster

thanks for the help :cussing:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Id put the oil pump and jetting back to stock and look into a tempa flow,youd have to carry alot of jets and be stopping all the time to be jetted for max power in all conditions.email holtzman and tell him what you want to do,ps getting the air box apart and back together neatlly is a pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 98 and what i was told is that if your are burning black keep jetting down...( take it for a ride holding it at w.o.t for a couple seconds and hit the kill switch still holding the throttle w.o. and then check your plugs this is how i was told to read plugs) and if their still black go down a size and do it again. With pipes on mine and motor stock I was down to 250's and never hurt it and I am a 2200 feet

·
Registered
310 Posts
Why dont you get one of those TPI valves?? I just bought some for my mxz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts