Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'know this is not the want ads,but you guys all seem to help out when help is needed....so I could use a little with MY dilema. I have a '96 mach z ,the seat is ripped!!! A new seat cover for a '96 is $235.99 , a little steep I think.A seat cover for a '97 listed for $45.99,thats o.e.m. right from bombardier.My problem is that the '97 seat cover has been "discontinued" but the '96 is still availlable.To me this dosnt make much sence!! So I am hoping (more like praying) that one of you might have a mint seat cover,or even a complete seat,or knows of a place that might have a new seatcover left over kicking around somewhere.I just cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on a seat cover that should be quite cheap by now. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wow!! Your right I just looked it up on ronnies, same $ there. Punch up some junk yards "some in the links on this forum" or better yet, go to some swap meets, I see them there all the time. That price is totally un-called for!!
Something else you could do is find an automotive upolster person and have a new top put on if that is what is ripped. Those F body seats with the padded top were great for ripp'in.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i had a seat redone last year and the guy did a great job.  he does a lot of this work and his comment was that when the stitching lets go, all the material needs to be replaced as it is equally weak all over and old stitch holes will not last and hold the new material.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much does it cost to get the seat recovered? I have thought of this as an option,there is an apholstery(sp)  shop nearby.I would think that it could get pretty pricey,but maybe not.  Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
i paid $96 cnd for the complete recovering and the man pleated the top to the original look.  he was not able to get logo stamped material.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vtjq :   I have not tried AL's yet,I'm planning on taking a ride up soon to see what they got.I just know alot of their stuff is pricey,but every once in awhile you can get a good deal,depends on who you talk to!!

alscool : thats not a bad price,I'll look into that,maybe a little custom stitched " SKI-DOO" in the side would look good.Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts