Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Machz69 do you have the head and shim kit ? I was thinking about getting it for my sled .... is it worth it ? and can you feel any change

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why gut the airbox? Should I do this to my 98 Mach z with the Dynoport pipes and thicker basegasket and cut head?
Also have boysen reeds. What gains would this have and can I run this on the trails? And if so what kind of changes should I make with the jetting? :hallo3: :hallo1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mill man, I weight 265, but I'd have to think this this setup will still work for you, I have the head-cut/gasket setup with boyesen reeds, 45 pilots, needle dropped one, and 280 mains,(jetting good till around 5 f @ 0-1000ft elev.) my z is a 99 w/rer, so I'd think clutching would be the same if you have the RER, My clutching is stock for 99 (200/290,295 ramp, violet sec.) except for 18.2g GP adj. pins. clicker 3 trail, and #2 for drag, please don't just jump in and use this setup though, work your way towards it. I should also mention my motor has wiseco coated pistons, and power jets in it as well for when it gets cold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm not sure if you can "feel" the difference, but the clock and radar gun doesn't lie, this is a faster setup than stock.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just ordered head and shim kit and boyesen reeds from royal dist and i was woundering if you make more power shouldnt you need more gas? ^[if you can burn more gas you should make more power] a friend got me thinking yestreday he said that your RPM is like a dyno if your setup is running lets say at 8000rpm on a given day temp ..ect staying the same and you just put v force or head and shim and rpm goes up lets say to 83000rpm that means that the part that you put on makes more power if the rpm stays the same 8000rpm you didnt gain squat. kind of makes sence i think?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yup stock clutching works well. but there is an increase. cudney has the kit and so does royal. i was going to get a hold of cudney for some clutching mine to is an rer. and no it will not be harder on fuel. im not shure i even noticed a difference ,,,,, then again im not saying that i have this done im just guessing................hehehehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts