Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are results from yesterdays race
ZR 800 beat the F7
ZR 900 beat the F7
97 MACH Z beat the F7
99 MACH Z beat everything
This was a 1000ft race in meally snow conditions, the F7 would jump out in front but the other sleds would quickly pass it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
As usual had to wait till winter for DOO to lay down the line. :p

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that my buddy broke the reciol on his F7 after only 20 miles, very poor design.This will be a problem for many.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I thought friends don't let friends drive ANYTHING green?

OK I do drive a John Deere lawn tractor but that doesn't count! :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I don't believe it, the F-7 is the fastest sled period! I know I read it somewhere........... :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Was there any dought? :hallo1:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by Rev it! 800X@Nov 24 2002, 12:46 AM
I thought friends don't let friends drive ANYTHING green?

OK I do drive a John Deere lawn tractor but that doesn't count! :D
LOL!! :D :p :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I believe racing should be farther than a city block-500 ft. or 660ft. 1-8th mile that doesn't show me much. The twins would not be much after that. They will have more problems on long runs and be slower. :hallo1:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think anyone thought the F7 would be much of a contest for the Mach Z, but the ZR900, that should be a different story. I can't wait to line it up.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it was just a bunch of friends out raceing, but we are very competitive and all have modified sleds. We had another race today on the grass as all the snow had melted, the ZR900 was very fast all of the sleds there today were all about equal. We were running about 700-800ft, i would have to say that the ZR900 and the MACH Z were the two dominate sleds today both beating each other by whoever got the holeshot.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
thast kindda how i thought it would go we had an f7 out around here and it is supposed to be fast i dont know i didnt see it running very strong . im not shure what happened to it but it did shut down on a run and the ran very bad it did not sound good comming of the lake. i will find out what happened. i figure it either seized or stator or efi but not shure mabe just something small.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am a proud owner of a ZR 900 and I raced a Mach about a week ago, We only had about a 1/2 inch of snow. And its was a very tight race, whoever got the holeshot won. I am not sure all he had done, it seemed to be set up pretty good, The guy that owned it is well known for his knowledge of sleds. I was just piped with a single speedwerx fat daddy pipe. Both studded I have 1 1/4 track, he was running a 1 inch lug. I know he had aftermarket pipes, clutched, and geared down. Now that I have a clutch kit and gutted my air box I might get the edge, I hope. We are friends but competetive friends. We have another grass drags in about two weeks we will see then. Either way you look at it those Machs doo hull A$$. I have just always been a cat man But think that there really isn't a bad sled out there, Its just fun to act like it though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Some one call CNN,ABC CBS and all of the major news stations. I Think this is the first I have heard a F-7 has been beat. I have a hard time understanding why every cat owner thinks a 700cc sled will beat a 800 900 1000 all the time. I understand that there is exceptions to every thing but the f-7 is not this rocket ship every cat owner thinks it is. I cat wait for more snow and hear the daily reports of f-7s getting spanked. F-7 owners should leave it in the ditch where it belongs

Duane :nervous:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The F7 only had a few miles on it but it had the delta 3's and D&D clutch kit, i think he had about 40 miles on it.Therre was a guy with a brand new REV 800 with 1 mile on it that was running side by side with the F7, his sled wasn't broke in either so you cant use that as an excuse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts