Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time to do my stator in the mach-z ..... I found one for 130.97 Canadian plus taxes .... I've never done it before , can anybody help me with what I should do , should I pull the motor ?  The compression on the motor is 125,120,125 is this normal or should I throw a set of rings in it . well any help would be great .

·
Registered
373 Posts
That sounds like good compression to me, I have not changed a stator myself so I can't tell you the easiest way, but many on this site have so I'm sure someone can give you some pointers, I was wondering if the replacement stators are any better than the originals? seems like a lot of them have gone bad.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Simple to do, you'll see.  Make sure you have the updated stator or you'll be doing it again.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bigmac: Thats the right one,Installed one in my friends 94 8000 miles ago and its still going strong. Dino

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bigmac, you don't have to remove engine to replace stator. You have to remove the muffler, then the recoil cover "pull cord cover", the starter cup "should be three allen bolts", and then you'll need a magneto puller along with a special tool to stop crank from turning "I wouldn't recommend a nylon rope in the cylinder, as you could twist the crank". Once magneto is removed, three allen bolts hold the stator and wire connectors must be disconnected "make sure your new stator has same wire connectors". Install new stator, connectors and reverse of disassembly.
Hope this helps !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts