Snowmobile World banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a mach z to keep my 01 mxz 800 company in the garage. What year should i buy, i have a line on a 01 tech plus, a 2000 melinium, and a 98 with all the 99 updates.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Its the same chassis....so why not get the newest possible motor?

Last edited by Rocketman at June 10, 2002, 6:07pm

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have a stock 809 1997 Mach Z with the updated 99' clutch, it MOVES, with only a little over 1000 miles on it. It does put to shame the other real stockers. It makes every final in the Isr world series. Last year I did not go way over to Michigan, to race. 104 mph in 660ft. under 6.5 seconds. Email if interested [email protected]

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Good point Sharkey....I hear 97 was the best year for the Mach in terms of HP and reliability.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hehehe personly i think that the best one is the 2000. it rocks. i have ran many 97`s and many 2001`s  and not had any probs.. the 97 is better then the 2001 on grass. but the 2000rer is the way to go.grab the milinium u wont be disapointed.u will beat alot of modified sleds with that model.....just  my 2$ hehe

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Add a chrome windshield (by cobra I think) and a purple headlight and maybe some purple lights under the running boards and vents. Verrrry kool

One of the best looking sleds I ever saw was in cochrane, it was a summit millenium edition with a chrome windshield. Boy that sled looked hot

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Watch the tinted headlights. The cops were writing guys up for them. The Ontario MSV Act. says the headlight has to be white

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Speed is everything you might want to bolt on some precision skiis and maybe add a 1.25 lug track on it as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow, I never saw that millenium mach, but man it looks good!  For a Ski-doo that is!  ha ha, just kidding.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
2000 and up.  They have a bigger bottom end.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yeah the cops thank you when you stop and pull over.

THere grandtouring 500s just dont have it.

As for the Millenium Mach i saw a few go on sale last year around here.  Maybe i will grab one.  It is awsome.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think you will get arguments over which year is best, but in my opinion, from 97 to 2000 were good years.  Most h.p. during these years, and the 97 had a hotter ignition, which good tuners loved, however, the 98's had some problems with crankbearings, as did the 97's, but not all.  With the proper mods done, take your pick.  I know the 98's were fast and so were the 97's.  The problem with the 98's were you needed to get the pipes hot before they would rock.   The 97's were set up the best from the factory, but the chassis was said to be slower in the wind tunnel.   I don't know if is true or not.  I had a 2000 Mach Z that was extremely fast and reliable stock.  Of course I added V-Force reeds and PSI pipes, and that sled was unbeatable against the sleds I ran.  Never had a chance to run against Zmachman's 97 Mach, but that thing "rocks" .  So, to make a long story short, any one of the Mach's would be a good decision, if the bugs are gone.   Piece out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LadyK @ June 06, 2002, 2:27pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They gotta catch you first Rev

I dont think they will be able to catch the mach

[/b][/quote]
Kind of hard to outrun a radio....UNLESS you
know your suroundings well.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The cops that I saw pinch a guy for blue headlight on his Yamaha were at an intersection with a stop sign. So they'd have you for failing to stop plus Bill 101 has a section about failing to stop and/or fleeing. We had a little "incident" like that a couple of years ago, south of Apsley. The guy didn't win

1 - 20 of 63 Posts