Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is real close to buying a 2002 Mach Z sport. He found his MXZ 700 lacking. He used to own a 95 ZRT 800 and missed the triple power. What he wants to know is just how fast is fast? How will it compare to the 95 ZRT? What will it beat? What will beat it?(Stock) Are they reliable? What is the gas milage like? Is there anything else he should know. From what I read you Mach guys love your machines...tell us why!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dont own a mach, but ill tell you that it will beat that 95zrt.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The new sleds with the RER reverse have roller clutch back shifting. It is the best trail setup going. You will have way too much power for the track. If your a trail rider get the Camoplast 9854 and you can get it to hook up better. The gas mileage is awesome. I put a 130/290 primary spring in mine and it gets the same gas mileage as a 500 twin and still has jet power thrust! It is a 115 to 120mph on radar factory stock sled. That is unbelievably fast for running all over the place! The motor is rock solid reliable. With DPM, you can just pull the rope and go. What else is out there that has so much power and is easy to use? Try it and you will see why the Mach Z owners like them so much. If you have seriously big balls, then this is the sled for you!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dooman,

Nope, he buying from our dealer here in New Brunswick. He's getting a pretty good deal. $9000 Canadian dollars + 1 one year warranty. It looks like it's a done deal. Can't wait to try it. :hallo1:

·
Registered
677 Posts
The mach z will blow the doors off a zrt 800 as well as a t-cat, it has the smoothest power plant out there and is very reliable. Get an 1.25 track or 1.5 and hang on, it hooks up really well. Plus IMO the mach has the best fit and finish of all the triples.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would not try a mach z unless you plan on buying one... no sence trying what you can`t have :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
GRRRRReeeeaaaatttt sled for power and handling, but horrible ride! I strongly recommend an expert edge rear skid!

He might want to get a couple stators now while the dealer will give him a better price :D

Mine went thru 3 :angry:

·
Registered
259 Posts
The mach Z is a great sled and definately one of the fastest ever made (it should kill the cat). I don't know about the reliability though. I had a 95 and it was one problem after another until the PTO bearing let go and the motor was destroyed (with 4000miles on it). That was the last straw for me but your friend is looking at an 02 which is should be a huge improvement over what I had. As for the ride...I spent a lot of time setting mine up an it handled like a pig no matter what I did, but it did ride nice. I think of it as more like a Camaro as opposed to a Porche. Its got lots of muscle, a cruiser type feel, but it just doesn't corner like some of the other machines out there. Its got great hook up, and a nice ride, and its fast. Overall as far as appeal goes its a great machine, just don't expect it to be the best in every category like some say.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't want to start any fights here but I want to mention one thing. A lot of guys who don't care fro the Machs had older ones that had problems or old suspensions. The newer 99 and up models handle much better and are rock solid in reliability. The motor is ROCK SOLID. Doo really finally got it right. The stock clutching is VERY good too. I feel for the guys with older models that did have lots of problems. I just wish Doo would take the same exact design and make it an 1100 cc monster so it would still be rock solid and last for years. I know, I'm dreaming.........

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Ski-Doo men!

Do your homework before to say the Z had a bad handling and a horrible ride!!!Tune it for
you...!!!!It will take just few hours and sometimes softer springs to have the best riding machine!!!

Take Care! Z36Qc :) SWRules

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fast Mach Z I completely agree with you. I think the newer ones have come a long way I just couldn't say that from my own experience. As of now it is probably one of the better machines being built

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Nothing beat the sound of a Mach Z, NOTHING. At idle it just lets of that 2 stroke rumble and when you pin it sounds like a forumla one with a bit of a growl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts