Snowmobile World banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Spicers didn't get those machs from another dealer, they got them directly from Doo.

I was at the white star snowmobile auction yesterday where over 1000 sleds were auctioned off. There were at least 4 machZ's that went thru that ended up being pulled because the bidding never made it anywhere close to the minimum the seller wanted.

Mint 2000, 2001 Ski-doo 800 Grand tourings were going between 2,500 and 3,300. They were absolutely gorgious! So good looking, My buddy couldn't resist and bought one for $3,000. Not a scratch with 3,000 miles.

The touring sleds in the MXZ chassis with twins were going in the high 4's and low 5's with higher miles!

Yeah, they were showing $5499 on the tag, but just to the right it showed the freight and prep to go along with it. Totaled about 5900 or so (I think). Then, if you live in Mi., you add 6% tax. I'd say you'd end up with about 62-6300 dollars in the sled. Good, but not all that great. Spicer's is nothing but a rip-off, generally speaking.

Cheers, Mark ;)

it realy is kindda funny the older sleds where all twins then they said u have to go tripples they are way smoother they wont rattle your arms off and so on.....lol. now its all back to square one dont buy tripples buy twins what will it be next dont buy 2 cylcle buy 4 stroke....lol. again most of u guys must ride on some pretty bad trails or mabe your just not a very big guy...im not shure. for someone that 6``+ and 200lbs+ u still need the bigger sleds. i could see a light guy having trouble with the big blocks.....lol. i have seem some big guys on an srx and i tell yah....lmao. damn. i buy my trail passes and thats where i ride i dont ride in ditchs xcross. for what i do the ck fills the bill perfect...... :p. i like the most are saying that thry ride from start to finish at full throttle in ditches alllllll day long lol damn thats a big ditch.......hehehe

I guess the people that say 800 triples are very reliable never owned a 93-99 mach z, All these years they had trouble with cranks, stators, but mainly cranks. I know that the 2000 model year onwards have been pretty good, but thats alot of years to get the bugs out. The 800 twins are only on year 3 and yes there's bugs but I don't think as bad. I put 5000km's on my gade 800 last season, and the only thing done was change the y pipe and heat shielding over the pipe (waranty) My dealer pulled apart the motor and everything looked good, and I still have this season with waranty, so if I put another 5k on her I'll problably get the motor rebuilt for free. My 97 mach 1 needed a crank after the first season, and my 99 f-3 800 also needed a crank after it's first season.
The sled mags do put out there impressions, but my own impression is what dictates my perchase. We can argue for ever on the triple/twin debate, but what people are buying is what the oem's will concentrate on. If mach z sales are down. How can they keep making it. I just traded my f-3 800 for a rev 800 (kept the gade for the wife) I know i'm going to miss my triple but after trying better handling sleds, I know its time to let it go. :)

Hey kennypope, are you sure that's all that was done to that Gade of yours last year ? How does that ZX chassied, lightweight twin handle when crossing bridges ? :D :hallo1: :devil:
HE!,HE!,HE!
See what you started !

limskii.....now you have to fill us in :p

I have the oppurtunity to get a 2001 Mach Z tech plus w/ 1350 miles for $1400 bucks.

HEY limskii, thanks for rehatching that painfull day last Dec 29th, I was just ready to stop seeing my shrink. After getting neld in a speed trap on the trails that weren't even open 110 bucks. I went to our lake that we like to drag on. Met Limskii and did several runs, spanking him repeatedly. After that I went home not feeling as bad about the speeding ticket. I crossed over a bridge on the side walk section designated for snowmachines. Very narrow, as I got almost to the other side my right ski caught the guard rail that was protruding out and tore all the suspention off that side 1400 bucks later I was back on the trails. Thanks Limskii, I had almost forgotten about that...... oh well back to the Doc. :cussing: :cussing:

kennypope...was that the bridge on the new road in back of timmins?

i ride both a 98 mach z and a 02 mxz8z and i have to say the mighty mach is such a gas to go for a nice lake rip while the mxz is great for all those bumpy trails. when the trails are smoothed out, i would rather ride the mach in the woods, its just when those woops start showing up that rear skid will kill you. i was thinking about selling the mach z but after flipping through the local want ad i saw8 98 mach zs in there for cheap money...that was the deciding factor the mach z stays...for those who ride motocross bikes, the machz is the honda cr500r and the mxz8x is the cr250r, its like apples and oranges..those prices you guys were talking about for the mach zs at the show made me want to puke compared to what i paid for mine in 98...oh well, i still love that sled....the white gold is near!!!

thnx kenny for the advice :p i usually take the trail beside and under the bridge,i have a wide kit on my sled

Ya Pantaraone, I take the river across aswell but it wasn't safe yet, still dec. Or maybe it was safer just didn't know it at the time. Getting back on the main topic here, I might have kept my steroid laden f-3 another season too, but my dealer gave me to good of a deal to pass up. So out with the CK3 and in with the REV!! :blahblah:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.