Snowmobile World banner

Mach Zs Are Dying....

5K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  kennypope 
#1 ·
I was walking around the Novi Show and saw a sign on a Mach Z $5499.00. If that really was the price, and it probably is, the Mach Z will not be with us long. I believe that is less than a 600 twin sells for! I told Doo that if they dropped the price on a big triple, put in the SC10 III latest and greatest suspension, put DPM on it and made the motor rock solid, they wouldn't be able to keep up with sales. Boy was I WRONG!! They have dropped the price below 600 twins which is unbelievable, put all of the best stuff they have on the sled, gave it the most rock solid motor Doo makes, with gas mileage better than the 600 twin, and they can't give them away!

The Mach Z is going to be discontinued, it is just a matter of time. I am amazed that people complained the the Mach didn't have the SC10 III so Doo put it in there, then DPM, Doo put it in there, Gas mileage? better than a 600 twin, Reverse? it's in there! Reliability? The best motor Doo has right now. I saw guys looking past the Mach Z (totally disinterested) to look at MXZ 600 twins. I still say UNBELIEVABLE!! Then these same guys will spend a least $1,000.00 trying to make the sled faster and complaining it doesn't have enough speed or power. This is the same for the 700 and 800 twins too. Constant posts on how to get more top end out of the 800 twins. Clutch kits, pipes, shim kits, exhaust restrictors and on and on to get a few more horsepower at the cost of thousands.

A Mach Z with all the good stuff brand new for the price of a POLARIS SPORT 550 Fan! I just don't get it!!! Buy the Mach Z and put a 1.25 inch track on it and it's finished. You would have the fastest, most trail reliable sled with awesome gas mileage. With DPM it is just a start and ride rocket. No wrenching required!

Skidoo, thanks for trying. You have really done all that can be asked to keep the Mach Z alive, INCLUDING giving them away. I wish it would have worked out. I now believe your corporate marketing guys are 100% correct, you can make much more money making and selling twins. It is much better for the stockholders. The riders don't really seem to want all that much power. A 600 gas guzzling twin will pretty much satisfy them..........

I'm going to go lift a drink to toast the memory of the Mach Z.......... (It will be my 7th toast, can you tell?)

See less See more
#29 ·
HEY limskii, thanks for rehatching that painfull day last Dec 29th, I was just ready to stop seeing my shrink. After getting neld in a speed trap on the trails that weren't even open 110 bucks. I went to our lake that we like to drag on. Met Limskii and did several runs, spanking him repeatedly. After that I went home not feeling as bad about the speeding ticket. I crossed over a bridge on the side walk section designated for snowmachines. Very narrow, as I got almost to the other side my right ski caught the guard rail that was protruding out and tore all the suspention off that side 1400 bucks later I was back on the trails. Thanks Limskii, I had almost forgotten about that...... oh well back to the Doc. :cussing: :cussing:

#30 ·
kennypope...was that the bridge on the new road in back of timmins?

#35 ·
i ride both a 98 mach z and a 02 mxz8z and i have to say the mighty mach is such a gas to go for a nice lake rip while the mxz is great for all those bumpy trails. when the trails are smoothed out, i would rather ride the mach in the woods, its just when those woops start showing up that rear skid will kill you. i was thinking about selling the mach z but after flipping through the local want ad i saw8 98 mach zs in there for cheap money...that was the deciding factor the mach z stays...for those who ride motocross bikes, the machz is the honda cr500r and the mxz8x is the cr250r, its like apples and oranges..those prices you guys were talking about for the mach zs at the show made me want to puke compared to what i paid for mine in 98...oh well, i still love that sled....the white gold is near!!!

#36 ·
thnx kenny for the advice :p i usually take the trail beside and under the bridge,i have a wide kit on my sled

#37 ·
Ya Pantaraone, I take the river across aswell but it wasn't safe yet, still dec. Or maybe it was safer just didn't know it at the time. Getting back on the main topic here, I might have kept my steroid laden f-3 another season too, but my dealer gave me to good of a deal to pass up. So out with the CK3 and in with the REV!! :blahblah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.