Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some parts here is what i have gearing 24-25-26-27 top.43-44 bottom. ramps 280-295-286-281-147-149.springs
purpleyellow/greenblue/pinkpurple/pinkpink/pinkwhite/BLUE/pink/greengreen.helix50-44  52-47 it has 144 studs my weight is 170 lbs the thing is mostly stock exept for the studs and i think it has reed spacers i also have a b/b pipe that i put on sometimes should i order the head shim kit i would like to beat the crap put of my friends 2002 srx he has great clutch setup
thanks to all in advance.

sorry this is my first post.       gin

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
gino this what I would try- 295 or 286 ramps, 200-350 spring, with your light wieght you might be able to pull a st 52 helix set at 18-20lbs then give it as much pin weight as you needed to hold desired rpm, 26/43 gears. You should have no worrys with a SRX.

Z

·
0 Posts
So you want to smoke a SRX.

Here is what I  use to beat my brothers SRX consistantly:

286 Ramps
Pink/White Spring
19.5 Grams Pin Weight

43/40 Black Ice Helix
OR
50/47 Doo Helix
Beige Spring
B-5 Spring Setting

23/44 Gears

192 Studs.
Or
1 1/2" Paddle Track.

This is a great set-up to start with.  It works!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Gino , pretty hard to beat the stock set up for trail riding,but if beating your buddies srx is what you're after,and you dont mind a little slow back shift try this.286 ramps(280 work good for short drags) the stock primary spring from a 96 mach z(if traction permits the next spring above it in the ski doo race manual is the best I have tried)cant rememberthe colour,stock secondary spring set to 16 lbs and a 54-48 helix or as 670 said a straight 52 (had good luck with that one in 97 mach 1s. Set clickers so that max rrrrss are about 8000(it will creep up to over 8000 after about 1000 feet (good bye srx)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey ZMachMan:

Just a quick question on your last post re: the helix. Do you find the BI helix to react more than 4 degrees different from a Doo. Do you relate a 50-47 SD to a 43-40 BI. I think that is how it seems to me but most people I have asked this question say its just the 4 degrees difference in the way they are measured. By the way if you have a spare 43-40 or 46-43 or a straight 44 BI , I am looking for one.

Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
I have tested with the Black Ice helix's extensively.   I probably have over 200 days of testing.   In all my testing,  I have found that the Black Ice seems to be about 6 different that the stock helix's.    Example,  at 44 Black Ice will perform like a Doo 50.   A 44/40 Black Ice will perform like a 50/47 Doo Helix.     I have a lot of Black Ice in Stock.  PM me Your Phone Number and a good time to call,  and I will call you.  Evenings are usually better for me.

Thanks,
ZMachMan

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The Zman has spoken so listen well people if you desire to run with the best. Others will give you ideas, HE'LL give you THE WIN!!!!!!
caleb

·
Registered
692 Posts
i have a set of dyno pipes and clutch set up from bickford! can tell you the gearing and jets, for sale 500.00.
it will walk all over the srx

·
Registered
316 Posts
The big question is does the sled have RER reverse? If so, I can set you up to smoke the SRX anytime, anywhere. The SRXs do sound awesome though with a can on them.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
man guys i cna t believe we are talking about beating an srx.lol    man ive never had any probs with them even when they are modified....he he he .but i am still looking 4 a good clutch set up for my 2000 machz rer. any suggestions

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes it has rer i dont mind buying some new parts. my friends srx is running very strong not stock in the clutch department he even bumped it up a thooth on the top gear mabe he shimed the cylinders. i also dont mind shimming the cyls i have an extra head  thanks for your help fast mach z                                                                                                       p.s thanks to everyone for all the setups

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot i also tryed removing the plastic shims in the secondary. and it did help on radar that spring seems to be way to heavy by the way i also have a 99 secondary that i got this summer so i didnt have time to try it with the old style yet  thanks again guys.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Z mach man

I have a 98 mach Z set up buy hrp This is what I know about the set up what do ya think? 286 ramps solid pin pu./gr. spring it says 160 on eng and 260 full shift and a 46 deg black ice cam stock gearing. It also has 1.5mm base gasket head cut .040 reed stops removed jetting is 310-320-310. I am also running stock center dump pipes. Brad was always a fan of running stock pipes. I have been thinking of getting a set of pipes this year I know you like crankshop how mutch of a set up change would I need if I ran a set of crankshop pipes. Also I am running a .750 lug track with 192 one inch studs.

Thanks
Duane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts