Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

I didn't know you were Machzzzzz1.   I wouldn't have ask,   if I had known you were Machzzzzz1.            I know how fast you are!!    

How many different names do you have on this site?    

Tim

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Zmachman.

My Mach is pretty close to stock.  I just bought it before last season.  

The only thing i have done to it is re jet.  I also got my dealer to tweek the ignition a bit.  Thats what he called it.  I think it had somthing to do with the MPEM modual.

I will really do this thing up in a season or two and make a complete race sled.  But for now im just going to drive it around and wait for an excuse to open it up and mod everything.  (Knowing rotax that excuse will never come.)

As far as 660s and 1000s i cant really tell you.  All i know is I can smoke my neighours SRX.  And according to the speedo it can go over 200km.  Next season i will gps this and see what the true story is.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Trail port it, gut the airbox and run a Black Ice helix and you won't believe the difference.  I have a buddy with a 2000 xcr 800 that would run neck and neck with my 99 MachZ.  Last summer I did the things I listed above and completely destroyed him.  He swears I did major motor work.  By doing this little work, I picked up almost 20 HP.  She dynoed at 151 before and 169 after.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Mighty thats awsome.  

I could probably do that to it now and try it out next season.  Ill let you know.  I know the XCR 800s are fast and the only sled that will make me think twice in a stock sled confrentation.  Ive been lucky so far and have been 2 for 2 but it could have gone either way.

For a second I could have swore MIGHTYMACH was Back...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Mighty RX-1,
   How much HP would it produce with a custom set of crank Shop pipes (trail) and the above mentioed mods? I can't let Machzzzz1 gain any ground on the project sled!

Caleb

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not sure on that one Caleb.  Last season there was a guy running a machZ with minor work (so he claimed) like mine but with JAWS pipes and nothing, I mean nothing could touch him.  He swears the only difference in our sleds were the pipes.  I was running stock pipes with a superlite can. I can't rememeber the name of the place, but it was outside of Cadilac.  There was an airstrip there and he was killing everyone.
Dan (MightyMach)  oops, Mighty RX-1.

I guess it's hard to get Doo outta my blood after almost 30 years..............

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sled Dogg.

Here is a list of great performance mods.

1. Send in stock pipes for more sound deadining material.  

2. Get smaller then stock carbs.

3. Set clutch clickers to give you a top operating RPM of 5000.

4. Put bags of sand in every nook and cranny for added weight.  This will give you much better hook up.

5. Disregard the 91octain sticker and go for some 87 or if you can find any a nice 81mix.

6. Use worn Ngk plugs and cracked wires.

7. Fill your airbox with rags.

THis should help you get the upper hand during a race between us.  

(NO ONE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY)

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
was you near boontown? this sled sounds familiar,hmmm

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have done 115mph on radar on medium packed snow on a lake. That was when I wieghed 320 lbs. I have lost 70 lbs since last year and am ready to ride this year!! I have 20 lbs to go. It was the cheapest way to gain useable hp. Bill Cudney knows I'm cheap but to lose 90 lbs for next year just cause I didn't want to pay for pipes, that's CHEAP!!!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
OMG that is to darn funny. but it is so true. I pay hundreds to lose ounces on my mountain bike then go out an dgain a pound from beer [email protected] ZCongrates on losing the weight.
Caleb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts