Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bud gave me a set of mag arms. i gonna try them in my sons 670, it has the usual mods (501 , y-pipe, boots , thick gasket, head cut.) what would be a good spring to try with the mag arms? i`m gonna try 287 ramps first. and try and be around 22 grams on the pins.any one use mag arms in ther 670 or am i wasting my time.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
there are some good 670 setups on snowest,guys were eating belts until they tried a mag arm set up...look out for big john...hes the clutching guru on there,hes a nice guy who loves to help people out...good luck :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haven`t tried any thing yet with the mag arms. the sled is still apart. i was thinking of try something that finish`s in the lower 40`s for the helix. along with a goodwin blue secondary. any suggestions. i`ve never run mag arms before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
krusty it`s studded ,and it also has the sc 10 - 2 in it . not as much tranfer as the sc-10 .a straight 44 or a helix that finish`s at 44 ?do you have to run shallower angles in the helix for belt squeeze or do the mag arms shift out harder. thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
The mags like the shallower angles. Also better for backshift. Up shift is real quick and pulls hard. Straight 44 was good all around. 50-44 worked well too, with traction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts