Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do most of you run in your MXZ800's for main jets and needle clip position? Recommendations for jetting at -20 at fairly high speeds? What can I expect for fuel mileage? Is the engine hard to pull over after leaving outside in -25-30?
Traded a 99 Mach Z for a new Renegade 800. I declined to believe others on this forum who compared the Mach to the MXZ but after after first 100 miles I can say so far I like it.Handles so much better,I can now go in deep snow without bogging, ride is vastily improved. Hauls nice but absolutely no power compared to the Z. The Mach was quieter and warmer with the mid w/shield and looked meaner and it was sure fun having 6 of my buddies with T-Cats trying to play catch up so I can say the Z never lost a top end race. The Mxz has a modern appeal and I think its going to put the fun factor back into my snowmobiling for the changing driving areas we are now adapting to. Three months ago when I found this forum I never would believe me saying this but I think within 2 years all the guys in my group with the big heavy sleds will switch and most will be on longer track units.Time will tell.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have both sleds mind you my F-3 800 is a Mach Z on steroids, having jaws pipes and porting shim kit v force reeds. but over all I still perfer the renegade for it's trail manners and ride quality and it is very quick in short sprints. But I'm planning to gear it up a little taller, otherwise it's staying stock.

·
Registered
373 Posts
one of my riding buddies has a new 02 800 renegade,he had gas milage issues but got a letter from ski-doo after calling them and complaining to bring it back to the dealer for an update, he went from 7 to 8 mpg to 10 to 11 mpg and all around seems to run better, the dealer was pretty tight lipped about what they did, he does know it was some kind of computer update, just thought I would pass this along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts