Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 XC600 SP with the VES motor and I have heard they are jetted rich from the factory.  Has anyone tried jetting down.  My main jets are 410's which according to the manual say -20F to +10F at 0-900 ft.  Would it be risky to jet this motor to a 400?

·
Registered
67 Posts
#### yes there set up rich, I have an 02' 600 XC which came with 430 jets and I went down to 410's and am almost thinking of going down to 400.  I would say run the jets that best fit your area... elevation, temp. etc.  Just throw in some new plugs and check em every so often for color.  Anyway to answer your question you would probely be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own the same sled and dropped to #400's this winter and it ran great w/ the sled bone stock. Plugs were light brown @ 20-25 degrees. Never checked piston wash. But, I put an SLP can on there and put the 410's back in because that leaned it out quite a bit. Hope this helps.

Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try the jets, but check them periodically, they should be a brownish color for normal riding, if they start turning white, your to lean, that or you can buy exhaust probes to monitor each cyl,( expensive),

1 - 4 of 4 Posts