Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm relatively new to the snowmobile carbs. I have done a lot of messing around with jet ski carbs but not sleds. This is my question. When and if I jet down my sled from the stock 430's. I have been told by others that 410 is safe. Do I have to adjust/change anything else. Or just swap jets and it should be fine? I would think since these are the mains and that mostly affects top end, that you should not have to adjust anything else. But like I said, I am new to these carbs.
I have a 02 ZR800. Any input is greatly apppreciated. Also if for somereason somebody out there does not think this is a safe jetting, please let me know. I have been told that this should be safe till about 10 below zero F. But to keep an eye on it if it were any lower.

·
Registered
310 Posts
as far as i know,  all you do is take the old jets out, and put the new ones in.  simple as that.  if i can do that then most everyone on this forum can do it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I posted this a little while back, I ran my 02 ZR-800 with 410's all of last season (2300 or so miles). I checked plugs and wash a couple of times with it showing well on the safe side. I know of others running 400's but as I stated before since the 800 is not fussy about jetting why chance running it on the edge. I rode lots of mornings in NewLiskeard at -25 or colder.  Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. I'm glad to hear that its not a fussy engine. I guess I'll just swap them and give it a shot without adjusting anything else. Then if there is an issue, I'll put it back. Hopefully we get some snow down by my house this year so I can mess around at home and not have to do it on a trip. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ARCTICZRT600 @ Sep. 26, 2002, 08:01am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you rejet you don't have to adjust anything else.[/b][/quote]
Thanks Arctic ZRT, Thats just the answer I was hoping for.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
When jetting down the 800 twins, some of them are prone to having the idle hang until you blip the choke. Ive read where all it takes is a slight adjustment on the fuel screw to correct it.  

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Sep. 27, 2002, 3:20pm
When jetting down the 800 twins, some of them are prone to having the idle hang until you blip the choke. Ive read where all it takes is a slight adjustment on the fuel screw to correct it.  ;)
My ZRT has done that since day 1 never gave it a second thought.  I stand corrected. :doh:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just a little tip, some carbs have washers under the jets, be carefull not to lose them if you have them and are changing the jets with the carbs still on the sled, you may not have them but check to make sure, sometimes they stick to the carb when you pull the jet out.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Bartman@Sep 28 2002, 08:58 AM
Just a little tip, some carbs have washers under the jets, be carefull not to lose them if you have them and are changing the jets with the carbs still on the sled, you may not have them but check to make sure, sometimes they stick to the carb when you pull the jet out.
You're right. I had 'em on my 98 ZR 600, they were a pain in the caboose.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tip, but I'm pulling them anyway to clean them up. Just to be on the safe side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts