Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Wondering if there's any good riding in Maine that's close to seacoast NH.  I live in Portsmouth so it would be easy to take 95 for a couple of hours instead of going 3+ hours to Colebrook\Pittsburgh NH.  Heard that Moosehead area and Rangeley is great but its a long ride!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
im in portland, maine, and mooshead is an AWESOME place to ride.  i usually ride around falmouth, cumblerland, take trips upto auburn area and all around.  there is trails right near my house that take u right to the sebago area.  go to sebago lake area, or fryeburg, auburn, desert of maine, anywhere near there, those are some awesome places to ride too.  probly an hour and a half away from  you, auburn and fryeburg are probly 2hours.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good.  An hour and a half away would be great for day rides.

Hope you're not driving yourself too crazy with that sled project!!!  Did you get the clutch  back on?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ride in Eustis, rangeley, stratton.  This year I'm going to Canada I think for a few rides. 100 % going to NH. Buddy of mine moved from there

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Rangeley/Moosehead areas are definitely your best bet for consistantly good riding, but if you are looking for something a little closer, the Sebago Lake loop trail is a good day trip (provided old man winter cooperates&#33

·
Registered
692 Posts
went to rangeley last year and rode over the pittsburg nh  between the two you should find good trails.  or go to fort kent cant go wrong up there.  i thaink after being to both fort kent is much better. but a longer ride also.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yellosled, i ordered all the parts i was missing, it came to around 50 bucks.  waste of money cuz of my own stupidness, but they had to be bought in order for it to work.  i returned my goodwin clutch kit, because im getting pipes and stuff, so im gonna have them make me one just for my sled and the mods on it.  ive got all my parts EXCEPT the suspension coming friday or before.  so everything will be put back together this weekend, except the rear skid because i have to wait on the suspension.  after i get the rear back together ive gotta take apart the front and put the new suspension on there too.  quite the project but when im riding i will sure be happy with it.  if it put it back together right. lol.

·
Registered
364 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! You had a clutch kit for that sled and god rid of it??  
. I wish I would have seen that sooner.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I know you dont want to travel far, but you owe it to yourself tho try northen Maine as well if you have not been. The "County" is awesome, the best riding in the northeast.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey mustardman i sent you a PM about that clutch kit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yellowsled- i live in "P" town also. your going to have to travel to get any good riding, i ride in maine every weekend 2 1/2 to 3 hrs each way.i don't even regiester in n.h., the riding sucks!i put on 4k a year so you can imagine how much driving time i put in but if you know where to go the drive is worth it. greenville is way to far and the riding there is great or it totally sucks.and you never know till you get there.try andover or four ponds area always good snow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey sledcrazy moosehead is worth the trip if you want to spend the weekend that`s were I do 90% of my sleddin.Fryeberg is a cool day trip to play in the fields and less than 2hrs.I also live on the seacoast ,seabrook.I have not riddin rangley yet still not ready to reg in nh when we go to my buddies camp on the lake anyway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
SLEDCRAZY. I PM'd you. I forgot you were in Portland. I work at Unum Provident.  PM AND we can talk. I'm 100% interested

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've ridden all over Maine and NH and trails are the fastest up in the county. Its a long way but it's "highway" snowmobile trails.

I live on Sebago Lake and the trails here are good if you head north up to Bethel on ITS 80 or 89. The trails I hit the most are Rangeley- Eustis mountain area, Moosehead Lake area and Millinocket area.

A very awesome ride is from Pittston Farm (northwest of Moosehead) to Chamberlain and the Allagash Wilderness.  Beware this area has little trail markings and there are NO gas stations or stores anywhere. Dangerous riding if you do not know where you are.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info - hopefully we'll get decent snow and I will try Maine this year.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you don;t try maine you are missing out
.  I hope you do. Welcome to Vacationland

I need to get to the county though, I hear it's really good up there

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yellosled, I will agree with all these guys, I drive up from Boston to Rangeley, Jackman, and Moosehead even if it is just an over nighter, the trails up there are consistantly good, plenty of snow, even on bad seasons.
  This season I will be trying Pittsburg, NH mostly. A freind bought a place up there just for sledding. Now I will have a chance to compare 4-5 hrs to Northern, NH to 5-6 hrs to Northern, ME

1 - 18 of 18 Posts