Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 mxz 600 adrenilne.  it has 144 studs and a MBRP performance exaust pipe. I've hit 96 mph at the radar runs  (2000 ft) but it won't do any more. My second problem is a  96 formula 3 600.  I eat him alive in 2000 ft but how do i stay ahead on the lake, his machine slowly creeps up on me only because I've got studs do i stay ahead. I am a fairly agressive trail rider so he's no compition in the trails. what can i do

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Have you tried w/o the can? They are supposed to help, but I have heard of cases where they have hurt performance. As far as the FIII 600 on the lake, I think you are doing well to just stay with him as long as you are. Triples have longer legs than our twins.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a 99 mxz600, w,96 studs & mbrp, mine only goes about that also.  Sometimes I can get her over 100.  I can hang wit Stiemy for a while and he has a mxz7 w,reeds,mbrp, & clutch kit.  As for the F3  he will get you but shouldn/t be by much on top end..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah I guess i'm doing all right but I also want to know about some mods to put on it that won't be a waste of my time or money. Anything that works would be great! Anybody?

·
Registered
372 Posts
One more thing,  Steimys bud has a 99 MXZ600.  I ride wit him once in a while,,   He ported his,  shaved its head,  reeds and a few other little things.  My can keep with his too.  When I drove it I couldn't tell much difference in his & mine.  The only thing I would do that would be worth anything would be a clutch kit.  Try Goodwin,  there supposed too be real nice.  Nick  

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cudney's kits for the 600 work pretty well too..I've never used one, but I'd check them out, their pretty close to half the price..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts