Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
IM WITH YOU!!!!!  I live in Maine and this winter sucked bad for riding, although i put 800 miles on my new sled, that is horrible, i usually put about 3000 on.  I think that next winter will be much better for riding.  HOPEFULLY!  but it is the state of Maine so you never know what will happen here.

Last edited by Rocketman at April 11, 2002, 8:19pm

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i know what you guys are thinking but to me it was a long winter without the snow.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Hear Hear!

·
Registered
875 Posts
i won't miss starting a fire to warm the house!
all in all, i was happy; rode the vintage Kawasaki to Calabgie and back without mishap (240 km) before it melted.  got a 95 mach and when all hope of a last ride was gone, whomp, two dumps and a 160 km!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I was finding the winter way too long.
After a month of snowmobiling in Newfoundland I sold my 97 Cougar in January, and thought that I could live without a sled for a year or two.

Febuary and March were the longest two months of my life!!

So, in April I bought a 95 XCR 600!. Went snowmobiling 5 days in a row, and had a ball!
I just put the machine away today, but only because I'm about to get really busy at work. THere's still enough snow for riding here. Wonderful spring riding with army pants and a wind breaker. I wish a had another week or so of free time!

Let's all hope for snow next year!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Winter ended way too soon.  The mutts are doing their spring hair explosions, and the garden is coming up.  I'm not looking forward to the summer heat.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
newfiebullet,
 how long have you lived in Garson ? it's full of newfoundlanders. a friend of mine lives in garson he married a newfie and his name is mike morrow.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm with paul! It was long but it was longer because we had no snow!  I also heard that next winter is supposed to bring good snow conditions!  That's also what I heard about for this winter too so I don't know.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
oh darn i don't like when the weather is forecast that far away and it is in favour of what i like. call me superstitious on that alone.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
does anyone remember the talk from the weather gods last winter ? it was solid advice to batten down the hatches for the next 20 winters becaues el ninio was gone and the winter of 2000-2001 was only the lick from a dog compared to the tidal wave we were going to get. there words were old fashioned winters coming for the next 20 years. anyone stupid enough to predict weather that far off needs some help.  

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey LX whats up?
you know we had a ok winter up here though it came a little late

but it seemed everytime we hoped for snow it snowed
hey were are you anyway
i only putt about 1275 miles on my sled though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts