Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get "SPA" weeks at work, which is an extra week's vacation but the company schedules when you get it. They just posted the next batch and lo and behold, mine's for March break! Woohoo!

My partner already had that week scheduled off, and the kids are off school, so I'm thinking a sledding trip up north is in order, at least for part of the week. How far north would I need to go in March to ensure some good riding? Any thoughts?

Jacqui.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
we always still have good riding in march(cochrane),the oddball year it melts,but usually good till april,we are almost 800 kms north of toronto,if you need any info like rooms or anything just PM me id be glad to help :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The best week that available for me when I was picking mine was the last week in March. :( Now if I can find some guys to head up north w/ I'll be
:D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I spent spring break in New Liskeard last year. The Monday and part of Tuesday it rained but then turned cold and snowed snowed snowed, temps in the range of -25 and below at night.
I tended to ride more to the south as most of the traffic is from there north making the southernly trails smooth all day long. Lots of nice club trails once you do a little looking around.
Great destination and not too far to go.
Enjoy
Rick.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have sledding friends in Katrine (east of Parry Sound), but I'm a little worried about the lakes that late in the season. I guess we'll just have to see how the weather plays out. It's nice to book in advance, though. Hate to have the opportunity pass us by because we didn't have reservations anywhere, being March break and all.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My cottage is 10min from Katrine.

I have missed out on a lot of trips in March due to mild weather.
Odds are, you will be disappointed if you don't plan on farther north. Some years are OK, but your taking a gamble.

FishHog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts