Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like they did it.   I know now of 2 SW members who have received registered letters from Mass ins. They will insure nothing larger than 650cc.  I am expecting letters for lady k and I next week as we both ride 800's. Looks like I'm either gonna get a Indy 650
 or go on an insurance qoute mission.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, I hope everyone boycotts Mass Ins. this year at the snowmobile show in Toronto (Mississauga).
I found out earlier this year, and was not to happy to get my letter saying it was cancelled.
If we all put a search togather maybe we can find something better. (Price wise) And for that matter customer service wise as well.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
A suggestion would be that any sledders that have MASS insure their sleds regardless of cc, shop around for quotes, then head to the Supertrax show & tell them what they've found & think of the company.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i agree looks like i will be moving my car insurance from them if i cant insure my sled,and a boycot would be nice if everyone can do it :yee: :yee:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got the letter too, and my current sled is only 500cc. They said they would give me a quote on my new ride (600cc) but when I called they asked me to leave a message and never got back to me. This happened twice. Great service.
Has anyone tried Trailsmart insurance?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
With 7 + 800cc sleds being so common these days, I would expect it to affect a fairly large number of their customers. :cussing:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was at a dealer yesterday and he is in the same boat. Mass has cancelled on him and so far he has found no one that will take him. If anyone find a company that covers the 800 , 900 and 1000 cc sleds let me know

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
insurance has leveled out this last few years and i know for sure that you can find insurance at a local now. i have spoke to many lately that used mass for their auto and the auto has been same money at locals so they stayed local. one thing i have found out about insurance is that it is not like your local small engine mechanic where he gives you service in a pinch, insurance is price and price only.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
No problem with an 800 at Economical Mutual but :cussing: $520/yr with a $500 deductable stinks.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch ZR. Base rate is only$70 CAD more than I am paying now. But the deductible is way out of line. I will NOT be insuring the 2 pickup trucks, the car, the ATV and both renegades if they will not insure my sleds. I dont want to be making seperate ins payments for all my vehicles. Im sure between us we will find a new source out there, Maybe we can organize a group purchase from a broker to try and lower the price for us.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
WTF?? Don't insurance companies exist to ----- insure peoples assets???

State Farm is bailing on homeowners here in TX. Now Mass is bailing on sledders? Now I KNOW I'm in the wrong field. I need to open an insurance company so that I too can legally take peoples money and run!

:cussing: losers!! :angry:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got my letter from mass, Im trying to also find another insurance company with reasonable rates. :angry:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't like saying this but I think our Insurance woes are a direct result of 911. No insurance company wants a high risk. Unfortunately a few bad apples ruin it for all. A friend who operates a fly in fishing outpost in Cochrane has seen his plane insurance more than triple :0:

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Is MASS going to have security at their booth at the show ?LOLOLI think they might need it.Like permafrost says I wont insure my kids little red wagon with them anymore.It is too bad because they were a great company. :( :(

My sister tells me to stay clear of state farm and co-operators ( she has to submit claims to insurance companies alot) When shoppig around an important thing to consider : its no deal if they wont pay to fix your broken stuff, the adjuster decides that :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mass Requoted my sled because, it is Allianze insurance that is cancelling on us. They are going to use Traders insurance now. I was paying 425 can. full ins. now qouted at 505 can. full ins. but they still have to get it approved she said. ???

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
As we can all understand insurance co's got hit incredibley hard on 9/11, BUT why is it OK for them to bend us over during hard times when they certainly never dropped rates during the good times.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Crazy B, don't let them lie to you.
Mass cancelled with Allianze due to a hike in rates..,...But everyone hiked there rates after 9/11...What a scam.
Anyway stay as far away from TRADERS as you can....I'm with them now but not for long. :cussing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just operned a policy with State Farm on an 02 700xc for 240 a year 500 deductable comp/collision. I also have all of my other policies with them so I am sure this reduces the rate. 20 bucks a month ain't too hard to swallow. goodluck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts