Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls read post (SKI-DOO SECTION) regarding cheep insuarnce if your with MASS
Title (Car, house & sled insurance)

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I just got off the phone with MASS. The chick said that they arent sure yet what will happen. My policy doesnt expire untill Jan 31 2003 and they have to honor this policy untill then at least.I also told her if MASS wouldnt insure my 800's then they wouldnt insure the car, the 3 trucks, the atv, the boat either. The chick was really nice and its not her fault.I told her she should tell traders that most people dont want to make 2 insurance payments every month, maybe traders should think about all that business they would be losing

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I have a great relationship with statefarm.  My grandpa, Mom and DAD, Brother are all using from the same firm.  They insure my Mach for $22.00 a month.  Mass wanted $73.00.  

Then mass said that that they wouldnt insure me if i allowed others to ride my machine, I wanted to know why and they just said thats policy.  So I just hung up the phone.  JUNK.  

Insurance companies are the biggest crooks.  At my age any car or truck is about 500.00 a month thats more then a monthly payment on a high end truck if you put down a decent down payment.

I cant wait till i turn 25 so i can get the huge discount everyones allways talking about.

·
Registered
546 Posts
500 a month yea right?

do the math and it equals 60,000 a year.
My Girl friend daughter has here own car and pays 2100 a year and she just turned 18.

Peole with ferrari's  dont pay that a year

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I just paid off my truck, payments were $437/month.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
2000 Grand Prix - 486.00 a month.
1986 Camaro - 300.00 a month.
2002 Dodge Ram - 512.00 a month.  

These are my rates.  Ive looked at every insurance company and these are by far the best rates period.  

My buddy bought a camaro just like mine only 2 years older and with a smaller engine and pays close to 400 a month.

I find myself working to pay for cars and sleds and the worst part is that most of it is for insurance.  

Luckly i got a really really good job and can afford this but it still sickens me.  

And SKI-DOOD

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
OH yeah and my insurance might be slightly higher then some other guys my age because of the numerous speeding tickets that i seem to pile up.  

And Ski-dood.  Your girlfriends daughtor is a GIRL and that makes a huge diffrence.

·
1,327 Posts
I pay $540 a month on my ducati motorcycle and I am over 25.

Machzzzz, just get married and it will go down.

Insurance companies don't like young guys like us because we don't have any responsibilities(so they think)  I just have my broker shop around for the cheapest coverage for my vehicles.

I was going to buy an 2001 Audi S4 last year and the cheapest quote I got was $10400 per year.  And that was with the highest possible deductables.

I lived out of the country for a few years and I(stupidly) let my driver's license expire.  When I returned to Canada, even though I have been driving for over 10 years, the MTO and the insurance companies consider me the same as a 16 year old.

Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thats the other thing.  You drove here for 10 years and let your licence expire now you got to do it all over.  Thats pure Crap.  

There heartless.  

Your right i need to get married.  Ill look into that..  It would save a bundle.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I pay 160/yr on my 98 670
600/yr 97 intrepid
170/yr on my 99 4 wheeler

Man you guys are paying a lot of money..if i had to pay that much id give up the sport

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
2000 Yamaha Grizzley 600 $360/yr
1988 25' Regal Boat $438/yr
1995 Arctic Cat Pantera 580 $241/yr
1999 Ski-Doo GT 700  $365/yr
House $463/yr

All to the same company.  I drive a company truck, so I don't have vehicle insurance.

I'm married, but I really don't think it was a cost saving venture

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
You must have more than just speeding tickets their machzzzz1 if not, you must have a boatload of them.  Havent you learned yet  
the place for speeding is off the road and on the trails

I pay 130 canuck bucks/mth for
98 dodage ram , 02 gade 800, 02 kawi 650 and fire theft on modded 83 V8 s-15 4x4. My deductable is 300 and everthing is insured to the nines. I have 1 speeding ticket  and a minor accident against me. I got t-boned by a polaris on my 97 mach in south river.  The guy knew the cop so i got the blame

·
Registered
900 Posts
Chubby..Im on ive been with co-operators in ontario since i was 17 with no accidents, no claims, and i get an abstaners rate too..which they dont offer any more..Steve

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Permafrost, Belive it or not the speeding tickets have little to do with the cost of insurance.

For a young guy its crasy these day because of road racing punks and teens that need training wheels on there cars.  

One speeding ticket was for 160km in 100.  Other was for 132 in 100 and the last one was 61 in a 40.  All of which were GMs fault because they built there cars in a way that the speed just creaps up with out you knowing.  

Officer laughed but didnt buy into it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
160km in a 100km zone.   OUCH.

Isn't that an automatic loss of licence?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I thought it was gonna be but they didnt do anything.  All i got was a written warning from the City.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well down here I pay about $50 a mnt for collision on a buick century Custom with i think 500 deduc's. But I'm cancelled on Nov 6 do to a few tickets like a ouil in 2000 they never caught before and since dec 2001 I have 2 ten overs, a 25 over, a not stoping in a clear assured distance causing a huge pile up. oh and another 10 over in a limited access area(freeway only a point). 15 points are not the way to go. It seemed like every time I was in a rush not using cruise I got nailed. At least I can write off my insurance as  a business expense
. I bet it's going tobe high as #### come Nov when i find a new Co.
Caleb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts