Snowmobile World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, being new to this forum I hoping you can help me out. I have a 1974 Massy Ski Wiz ST that since last year I can get it to idle pretty good but as soon as I hit the throttle it boggs out. If I pull the choke out it will at least run a little. If I raise up the rear of the sled(no load), I can hit the throttle and it runs great. I do have the Tilly carb and rebuilt it last year. I took the carb apart and cleaned it again this year but I still have the problem.

I keep hearing it is best to change the carb out to Mikuni but I can't seem to locate anywhere to tell me what type of adapter (tillotson on JLO engine) and what size of carb needed. Has anybody converted a JLO?

My preference on this whole problem would be to get the Tilly working so if anybody has some options let me know.

Thanks
Cory

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm shootin' in the dark here but if it runs at high rpm's with the track lifted and only bogs under load you might check:

1) losing spark through old, cracked spark plug wire

2) secondary clutch not functioning properly - does belt ride deep in clutch a.k.a. "high gear" only?

If it revs good w/ the track lifted then I don't think it is a carb problem That's my 2 cents
-Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts