Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in deep snow country in the yukon and have a 97 grandtouring that has the orginal 3/4 inch lug track on it. I want to put a 1.25 or 1.5 inch lug track on it to help in the deeper snow. It does ok now, but bigger lugs would help for sure. Does any one know if a 1.25 or 1.5 inch lug track would fit? I have contacted several dealerships with different answers from all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1.5" is max for a S-2000 chassis without changing your drivers. 2" with 8 tooth drivers. I had a 1.5" on my 96 500 with no problems. The only thing I had to do was take the plastic strips that are in the heat exchanger. They rub 1/8" on my track. But, alot of newer tracks are clearances for those strips. I'm swapping in a 2.25 next :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 'Banditpowdercoat',
That makes allot of sense. So either just take the plastic strip off on the heat exchange or find a track that is designed for the strip. You don't recall what kind of track you put on yours? Name? Also do you know the name of any companys that have a track designed for that strip? Good luck with the new track.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts