Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
As long as they are the same reating as BR9ES it doesn't make much difference...except you pay more. It's been my experience that BR9ES work just as good if not better than fancy plugs.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You can use them, but it's a waste of money, they don't resist fouling any better than a standard plug. The only real advantage with them is that the electrode lasts longer, not really an issue in a snowmobile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See thats why i was thinking of getting the platinum, cause my plugs are fouled black and wet.
Prolly cause i havent used the sled enough

·
Registered
959 Posts
stay with the standard br9es they work just as good as the next

·
Registered
221 Posts
Stay w/the standard plug, because they work and are cheaper. And if they are fouling out you might want to go a step hotter(br9 to a br8). Check the hotter plug after running it for a little bit. Don't go too hot though as this will cause engine damage. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
NGK makes a "v" plug that works well for preventing fouling. It is a br9ev. The electrode is about half the size and concentrates the arc more thereby burning off excess better. Work great for me. :devil: SWRules

·
Registered
496 Posts
The ? should be why are you fouling? Have you cleaned your carbs lately? Maybe you need to rejet? Everybodies right fancy plugs are a waste in a two stroke. :thumbsup: Try cleaning the carbs and youll say some money. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts