Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MBRP trail silencer on my 00 mxz 700, I love the sound and all,but the mounting seems kind of chincy. All mine came with was a support rod that you pinch underneath the hose clamp. Is that all I was supposed to get? It seems to move my exhaust around, and my pipe coming of the Y manifold is always a little crooked after some good ridin' anyone else have these problems? The actual silencer seems to move too freely. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Can you run a spring down to the chaincase? I know that solidified everything with my can. Make sure you're not missing any springs anywhere else either. My can actually popped out of the hole on me before I got it sprung to the chaincase. That sounded cool...and nasty at the same time..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chaincase has like a rubber mount on it stock. A metal rod  came with the can. It goes in the rubber mount and your supposed to run it underneath your pipe and pinch it in place with the hose clamp that is already on the pipe. Where would I run this spring and how long?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I don't know what it looks like under your hood because I have a 97...but you're a smart guy...just invent something! It doesn't have to look pretty...it just has to work!
There must be something you can attach it to.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, But was trying to see if anyone else had to rig something up already and had an idea. I think I need like a plate of some kind to put over the stock hole where the exhaust exits to make a tighter fit and screw her all down together so it can't move.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
You'll come up with something! I have faith in ya!

·
Registered
5 Posts
on my 01 800 I took out the bolt that holds the brake caliper to the chaincase and put a large washer behind it with a hole in it that would fit a exhaust spring. Then put a spring from the little arm that goes in the rubber mount to that washer. It worked great on mine

·
Registered
394 Posts
i almost forgot, it seems my can is very loose as well i was just going to wrap a long spring around the pipe. If any better ideas would be glad to here them. i really do love the sound BRAAAAAP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts