Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one for my 02 mxz 600 and the people at MBRP said they havent finished testing them on the dyno yet. According to them there is a difference between the 01 and 02 engine. Anyone else know of any differences between the two years? Why are dyno port and sno-stuff using the same can for both years if there are in fact differences? Anyone got any insight on this one?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The race can sounds sweet! If you don't have any noise laws to worry about you'll love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
xman,

I didn't realize that 600's had a different can, I know my 02 800 does compared to last year.  Different can and different pipe.  02 can is much bigger that 01.  02 pipe after the u-turn near can is much shorter than 01...at least 3 inches shorter.

Have you guys heard a MBRP trail can on an MXZ800?  Does it sound good...better than stock?

I am trying to decide between trail and race but can't find a sound snippet on the net anywhere.

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I spoke with a local dealer the other day about aftermarket cans, He said theres been some problems with the mbrps can packing which don't hold up. Then it gets hot and will or can burn the belly pan. Any one else heard this? He suggested dynoport. What are some of your opinions? I want a good sound but no head aches or complaints.   Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put the trail MBRP on my 02 MXZ 800 on Friday and rode almost 300mi. this weekend with no problems at all.  It does not sound all that different when you first run the sled but after 50 mi. or so the sound is really sharp when running down the trial with a low thunder at idle. Compared to the stock setup which was to quiet the sound is not at all annoying and will save you from getting a ticket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the mbrp trail on my 01 mxz 800. After a few miles it sounded real nice. I've got about 250 miles on it an have had nothing but compliments on the sound. When you are on the sled it is not too loud and has a nice rumble to it at steady speed, crack the throttle and it's music to the ears. The stainless turns a little brown but it sounds gooooood!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want info on the best trail cans out there e-mail or call me.  The cans are HPS cans and they make 4 HP on the 2002 and reduce weight by 9.5 lbs. I am just finishing the web site but you take a look.  It has pics and video of the can. These things look and sound great. Much better than an Mbrp.
http://www.outdoorwebrings.com/hps/hps.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xman @ Jan. 21 2002, 11:12am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I ordered one for my 02 mxz 600 and the people at MBRP said they havent finished testing them on the dyno yet. According to them there is a difference between the 01 and 02 engine. Anyone else know of any differences between the two years? Why are dyno port and sno-stuff using the same can for both years if there are in fact differences? Anyone got any insight on this one?[/b][/quote]
i called them because i have a 2002 mxz 500  and there is a difference between the model numbers for 2000-2001 to 2002
the difference being the postion of the exit hole in the belly pan,which did not apply to me because they did not change
the postion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts