Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering what the diffrence was? loudness? weight?...my buddy just put a trail can on his sled and sounds sweet. any one heard the diffrence between the two?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just put a mbrp race-can on my new rev. Sounds great but wasn't as wicked or as loud of a "note" as I thought it was going to be. (Not like my friends cat). Glad to get that suitcase out of there-the installed silencer looks great not to mention the weight savings. ???

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Just wanted to say I think the boys in blue will be handing out tickets to anyone who modifys their stock exhaust system on brand new sleds.You might be able to sneak through a trail set-up but I'm doubtful you'll get away with a race silencer on the trails here in Ontario.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
My MBRP Trail can didn't sound much different than the stiock suitcase...at first. After a few hours, the sound matured, and now it sounds awesome.

I've heard an MXZ 800 with the race can. It sounds really good, but the owner says it's just too much after an hour of riding.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Revelator. Which Rev do you have the 800 or the 600?
I know that with the 800 they offer a trail and a race can, but with the 600 they are only offering the race can which is actually right in the middle of the trail and race can. (the trail can is 6" in diameter and the race can is 4" in diameter.)
Seems to me that the 600 cans arent delivered just yet.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had the race on my o1 800x last year and boy it sounded great but i wanted to die after riding more than an hour my head would kill me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had the race can and loved it for the first 30miles then after that it felt like some one was holding a hair dryer to my ear. I would like to try the trail can, I heard the sounded great.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I listen to music when Im riding, so the noise doesnt really bother me. I used to have a superlite muffler on mine, that thing was quite loud, now I have an SLP pipe and can.

·
1,327 Posts
I've go the Trail can on my 700 and I don't really notice that much difference in the sound from the stock can. The weight savings is considerable though.

It's others that are a distance away from you that will notice the sound difference. My brother and I went for a short ride in a field on monday night and he rode my sled around a bit. Thats when I noticed the sound difference, and it sounds great.

DP

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Rev- its the 800 rev sport. Ordered the can at the Novi show in MI. when it was still on the dyno. It is a 4" race can while the trail can is 5"(not out yet). The 600 rev silencer will be out mid-dec if you are looking for one. Like I said earlier, the 4" can dosen't seem to loud and nasty. I hope it dosen't change and my ears start bleeding. What the hell though, Im part deaf from to much Black Sabbath from my youth days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a trail can on my 01/800 and after about 300 miles did it get loud.It was way to loud,might as well have been a race can.I heard that ant modified exhaust will get a ticket in ontario.All they do is look for the OEM certified number.if its not there you will get a ticket. :devil:

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL Revelator. I had a trail can on my 800 renegade last year and loved it. I want to hear my sled and all of its power. This year I felt that my 600 is actually louder than my 800 stock for stock. When I try and sneak in late at night this louder can may pose a problem. ???
I do have one on order and they told me that I should receive my can with in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a race can on my 01 MXZ 800 and its awesome, I dont like the tone at idle not a high enough pitch. But wide open area it sounds excellent. Maybe those guys with the headache problems should switch helmets or something. I can ride it all day and night with no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts