Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 99 500 xc and i am planning on getting the MBRP race can for it. has any one used this can on there sleds? How does it sound and how loud? And does a can increase HP at all?
thanks.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A buddy of mine put the race can on his 00 600 xc and it sounded awesome but he had to go up a size on the mains because he ran way too lean with it, and if you are looking for more power you wont get it, its more less just to sound mean.  I put the trail can on my 01 mxz 700 which is just as loud as his when on the throttle hard but the trail can will quiet down a bit more while cruising on the trail which i found better on the head after a long ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think i will have to change my jets when i get it, or do i just have to find out when i ride it?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
It depends on how its set from the factory or how the previous owner has it set up, you just have to put it on and take it for a few scoots around to check your plug color or piston wash if you really want to get a good reading.  Just take it for a ride when you put it on and check it at a few different speeds like mid and wide open throttle.  Get on a lake or field hold the throttle at the posistion you want to check it at and hit the kill switch, and let it coast to a stop, pull your plugs to check the color, a white colored plug is too lean and you will burn up the engine, so step it up a size or two, a black colored plug is too rich which will make your machine a gas pig and run like crap so drop a size or two, and a tan or light brown is what you want to be burning to get the best performance and not burn it down. its not complicated and most likley you wont have to mess with it because most machines are jetted a little rich from the factory and the aftermarket can will lean it out bit which wont hurt. but before you go an a long ride be sure to check it out because i have seen alot of machines run dangerously lean after a simple silencer change.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks a lot jwheeler i cant wait to get it back from the shop and start ordering stuff for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts