·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McDonald's Opens Snowmobile Drive-Through
Reuters
Feb 25 2002 9:05AM

PITEA, Sweden (Reuters) - Hungry snowmobile riders in northern
Sweden can now eat a hamburger without getting off their machine.

The first McDonald''s drive-through for snowmobiles opened on Saturday
in the town of Pitea, about 80 miles south of the Arctic Circle.

"There are 6,000 snowmobiles registered in Pitea and I thought why don''t
we build a special track for them," Eva Olsson, marketing manager at
McDonald''s Pitea, told Reuters.

Snowmobiles in Sweden must follow specially marked tracks and their
owners can be fined if they drive off the track.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What  a great Idea.  But how are you suppost to eat it on a sled.  I know it can be done but i would rather just go inside where its warm and you can relax.

·
Registered
416 Posts
At least your Coke would stay cold.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah!  You should go in, enjoy your meal, then come out for an @$$ kickin' day of riding!

·
Registered
752 Posts
A cup holder and a built in radio  ...I can see an SUV of sleds coming in the near future for all us aging renegades ....lol

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would hate to have that Big Mac slober down the front of my leather coat also I would think the nugget dip would get a little hard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I always did think they put too much emphasise on "hot food"- guess now when the fries are cold-no free ones.
Great money saver!!
(if I could find an icon that had my eyes rolled)

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
isn't that where the best watches are made ? first of all who eats at rotten ronnies when their kids have grown ? secondly if you are intelligent and you are there with kids then go inside. i think i will get my watches elsewhere.  

·
Registered
167 Posts
you know you can keep them fries hot if you putum on your pipes im not opposed to stoppin now and then for some munchies hey pual when your out riddin who watches the time anyway lol

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
MMMM Mikey d's.Just hope there are some porta potties on the trail
I'm famous for losing track of time when riding corvette77,just ask my wife about my i'm only gonna be gone for a few hours rides

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (z800rtx @ Feb. 27, 2002, 4:47pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MMMM Mikey d's.Just hope there are some porta potties on the trail
I'm famous for losing track of time when riding corvette77,just ask my wife about my i'm only gonna be gone for a few hours rides
[/b][/quote]
Know EXACTLY where you're coming from.  I hate how quick the time flies by while riding.  My YNP trip was one of the fastest vacations yet!!  

·
Registered
14 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> mmmmmmmmm fries[/code]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts