Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HElp please!! !!!

I am trying to get my dads reverse put back together on his 2002 polaris touring.

I got a new yoke and attached it but cant seem to get the linkage to all work together. Is the yoke suppose to pull the bottom gear out towards the chaincase cover to engage the reverse??? I cant seem to get it to work right.

When i pull the reverse lever on the sled it pushes the linkage down and tries to force the yoke in towards the gears instead of pulling them out.

any suggestions and diagrams would really really help

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, the gear should be pulled towards the cover to engage reverse. You've probably got something messed up or backwards in the linkage cuz there's nothing to really mess up inside that would cause the gear to be pushed towards the other gear. I can email you a svc manual in a pdf format if you'd like, but it's for 2003 tourings, but is the same concept/design. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. -Polaris Doc

HElp please!! !!!

I am trying to get my dads reverse put back together on his 2002 polaris touring.

I got a new yoke and attached it but cant seem to get the linkage to all work together. Is the yoke suppose to pull the bottom gear out towards the chaincase cover to engage the reverse??? I cant seem to get it to work right.

When i pull the reverse lever on the sled it pushes the linkage down and tries to force the yoke in towards the gears instead of pulling them out.

any suggestions and diagrams would really really help

thanks[/b]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts