Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it totally uncalled for Rocketman to censor/edit a reply in this forum! I've seen competing websites mentioned in negative terms but once someone mentions one in an inforative way it's edited? That is truelly un-called for. No-one is going to leave this site that has half a brain. All knowledge isn't only on this site. Though it's close
! If there is a site that has info we all as sledders could use then you should let it stand. I can't remember the website but it's mentioned ALL the time in the Polaris forum as being THE place for knowledge. I found this distressful since I love this site so much and after the whole communisum crap with our dearly departed/banned poster recently. This is the first thing that I've seen a moderator do that really hasn't been in-line with the sites great history.  
      I just saw in the Polaris forum it's now being censored there also!
    I DON"T WANT anyone posting till Rocketman comments and or Corey/SW Webmaster. No stupid rants either as this is a seriouse issue.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Rocketman is gone til next month.

Mentioning other sites (competing) is against the rules on SW.The people that are here,we want them to stay here. It is very easy to find other sled sites,but why would we want to advertise other forums on this site,doesn't make sense. Look at it from where Corey stands,he created this site. All the hundreds of hours invested in it,now can you see where I am coming from. Instead of whining about how things are done, we should be thanking Corey for all his hard work. For it is he that set the rules,thats why this site works so well. When and if I ever meet Corey,I will give him a big bear hug.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No-one has left this site in the past nor will they. We have all the knowledge here except some. This isn't a whine, if you feel it is you need to re-read what I wrote. Every month we gain new members to this site not lose them. This site will continue to grow and Corey will be forced to charge us I'm sure which is fine with me.  So you mxz7 want to shield us sledders from other sources of knowledge because you feel some will leave? let the morons leave then as they are idiots to do so!  I guess the pm's will be getting used alot more the way certain moderators seem to feel. I don't remember any trouble when it was only Tim and Corey. I love the work all of the moderators do but I believe you as moderators are taking things to personal at times which is degrading the feeling on the site.  I like looking for other sites but you can cet that I'll chek in on this site no less than 10 times a day if at home or the office! Knowledge should be shared plain and simple!
Caleb

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I have seen on one of the sites that I visit that they will not allow mention of competing websites. So I don't think Corey should be criticized, he's not alone.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I was going to post!  But i changed my mind.  I think its better that way.

To Corey and all the Swmoderators.  Sorry for that event with PurpleZRT.  I was just disagreeing with facts that he stated.  When he responded it was a personnal attack on me and he didnt respect my comments.  I tried (OH I TRIED) to respond responsably but I couldnt let him walk over me.
SORRY.

I think you guys need a Machzzzz1-Lockdown feature on this site.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The way i see it is everyone should be happy with what we got here! An awesome web site to share knowledge and expieriences of the sport we love!!! When you post a question, you get answers, not some B.S about your brand or being bashed for something. And the only way of doing this is having appointed moderators. Granted, your opinion versus the mod's opinion may differ........but they are only doing what they feel is best for this site!!! Some people get out of hand at times and when they are warned of their behavior they lash out and call us communist or send PM's cause we have modified their post for the best of the site!! If Corey wishes not to advertise for competing sites, so be it, end of story!!! We are told to watch for it, so we do, and if we see it, it is edited!!! end of story!!! If you need more knowledge than what you find here, then you have a search engine on your computer to find it........you found this place!!! I am not trying to come across as an A$$, but the bull that has occured in this place in the last few months is rediculous!! If you can run a better site, then all the power to ya....i know i'll still be here.....at the Best Site on the web for sledding!!!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ July 07, 2002, 8:16pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So you mxz7 want to shield us sledders from other sources of knowledge because you feel some will leave?[/b][/quote]
Caleb, I'm sorry you feel this way. The mods have rules to uphold,rules set by the SWwebmaster.Maybe I should not have said the whine word,but a while back,many members were basically whining why thier posts were edited. That got a little sickening,cause the reasons were obvious.

Just think if I owned a used car lot,and a customer was interested in a truck, I'm not going to tell him to go to 3 other car lots,I'm going to try my hardest to sell him the truck.I don't want him to possibly find a truck that is better,but I know the truck on my lot is the best. As SW is the best.

We have seen some bs in the last months, if any mod has to edit/delete/lock a topic or post,there is a reason for it.Some members may dislike it,mods keep the peace as good as we can,without trying to p anyone off.We all need snow.

Pete

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go ahead and edit this if you want but here is my opinion. I go to another site on a regular basis (10+ times a day). This one I found on my own. I come here once a week unless I am really bored, then I come around more. The trird site I go to is one mentioned on my main site. I won't leave my main site, we are family in there, much as you guys are here. People won't leave if they are welcomed here. I was at the main site for a month or 2 before I found this. That was enough time for me to get settled in there good. I won't leave there.

Now as for the edited post. I haven't got a chance to see which one it si but it is probably mine about the MSX. Sorry for offending you guys but this site is suppose to be informotive. That is why I linked to it, it gave some info on the MSX. Anyone who wantsa the site email me.[email protected]

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mxz7,
 I was a tad miffed at the whining comment. You guys know I'm here way to much as everyone that knows me says. but the other sites normally mentioned are not really competition against this site. Now if it was a site like the magizine type sites I'd support you all the way. But I've checked a few out and most of them are more type specific oriantated. There isn't  a site that I've found that comes close to comparing to this site. And I won't pay for the other sites since they seem to suck.  Like say MachZman started a MachZ site would you not allow mention of it? I just think there needs to be some more though about what sites are allowed and not allowed.  I know other sites list you guys in there links, one because i told them about this site. Granted it was a quad site but they know of the ATVWorld.net site.  I hope i've been able to get my thoughts across in a good manner as I've tried. I'm always respectful of Corey,Tim and all of you moderators even if I disagree.  It's why I'm here so darn much.
  MXZ7, And as big as Corey is you moight not want to bear hug him as that is what you may get back in return!

Caleb

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was right, it was my post. So of everyone here that seen the post before it got edited, who went over there to look at the other site. We haven't had any newbies over there since I posted that. There are other sled sites out there that don't care if you link to another site. As a matter of fact the 2 other sites I go to both allow linking to other sites, even see the moderators going back and forth at times. We use those 2 sites to keep everyone informed what and where the factories are testing. What the new products are ex. MSX and Predartor 500.  The funny thing about the internet is that sites like this won't die because of no one coming here, even if you mention other sites. I think Corey and the Moderators should reconsider that rule. You will lose some because I will never mention this site elsewhere until the rule is changed.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M-10,
   I don't know if that is the thing to do. We may not agree with the current rules but I want change through positive communication. I really don't think Corey and the moderators relize how many people mention this site on other sites. People come here for all the great knowledge and fun we have. But there are some things on other sites that people look for also that thankfully this site won't allow. But once a sledder comes here they will be a SW sled head for life. Like I've stated I believe there needs to be a distinction between the big mag sites and the smaller sites. Heck, look how many people have stated in the past that this site is better than the mag. pay sites and that they won't pay agian till this site charges. This IS a WORLD CLASS site period!!  I would like to se a poll to see how people found out about this place.But again this site rules and so does Corey and all you moderators.
Caleb

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Ok.

To set the record straight again, here are the site's policies regarding competitors' sites:

You are NOT allowed to post competing web sites on this site. A competing web site would be one that has similar information as SW AND/OR a message based forum.

Users that have been here for a long time will remember that way, way back, we use to allow this type of posting. And most of you veteran users know the real reason why there are few Yamaha users on here. Competitor site posting has lead most of them away.

I have said in the past MANY, MANY times that OUR hard work on this site AND the HUGE amount of money it takes to keep it running will not be rewarded by looking through the forums only to see a list of competing sites for users to go.

I have said in the past that my feelings are that users are more than welcome to go wherever they want. But users can find these sites the way everyone else finds them by going to a search engine, not here...

For those users that don't know how to find competing web sites, go to www.google.com and enter the search term "snowmobile", then click enter.

This policy is not open to discussion. I am sorry if some users think this is unfair, but there are many, many sites that don't allow this. We don't either.

If you want your buddy to see something on another site, simply email them or PM them. You CAN use the PM feature for whatever you want.

If ANYONE wants to debate this further, please contact me VIA PM, not HERE. Topics like this will soon be deleted off as they have absolutely nothing to do with what this site is about.

And to anyone that debates this rule with me, put yourself in my shoes. You spend thousands of dollars on a site only because of your love for the sport, not even making close to that amount back in ads, and you have people debating whether or not it is fair to list some other competing web site on YOUR site. This is a no brainer for me. NOT ALLOWED!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Corey's Site, Corey's Rules.

Like it or lump it.

I for one, like it, and greatly appreciate all his, and the moderators hard work.

So, on behalf of me....Thanks very much.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hi there how r yah: i think this site has realy been great. and id like to thank u guys for the hard work that u put in. u have all made good points. and what ever the rules are then thats it. as far far as edditing posts or far worse booting someone in the chat room may not realy be the best way to keep people. this is a reason that people come here. we all love a little bite of ribbing.........hehehe if things start to get carried away then that is  a moderators job is to end it . but because someone might say something like u need three guys to start my mach ......lol dosnt meen u should kick him out or mute him in a chat room.......lol   i think the job of the admis. is not to let things get out of hand ( like personal attacks) no room for this. but a little bit of brand bashing sould be allowed .....it never hurts that bad...lol anyhow just rambling on now.......lol so keep up the good work

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Hey mach, long time no see!

The problem with a "little good natured ribbing" is that it ALWAYS leads to a locked topic.  Then when users end up with edited or deleted messages they get all PO'd and can't seem to figure out why on earth it was edited/deleted.  It would be nice if we could just keep it all in fun, but some users gets carried away and ruin it for everyone. So to take care of that problem THE MAN has spoken and said NO BRAND BASHING, period.  Corey is not to blame, it is users that take it too far that you all have to thank.

And it seems that people are missunderstanding and thinking SW is trying to lock in their users, not so.  We love our members
and all are free to come and go as they please.  The ones that have a problem with the rules are more than welcome to leave because that usualy leads to less deleted posts and debates.

·
Registered
546 Posts
IMO: i don't see why we need to advertise a competitior site.
there are other site with people that have excellent knowledge as well but it is not hard to go there and get it.
There are alot of sites out there and searching them is easy.
So if the rules are no mentioning these sites then who cares.
Go to the other sites ask your questions and compare all the information you've received from all sites.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Time to lock it! Matter has been cleared up by Corey. All now know and we all understand.
Caleb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts